Embedding Google docs preso into forum thread

Stecxjo

Feb 15, 2010, 3:19:44 PM2/15/10
to MAET HELP
Course: CEP817
Assignment: Forum comments on Good/Bad design
Tech Question:

I know this should be possible -- to embed a preso into the forum
comments -- because the preso was placed into our Module 3 assignment
page here (scroll down):

http://punya.fts.educ.msu.edu/spring10/?page_id=87

I looked at the source HTML on that page and it is no different than
what gets placed using the HTML input feature in the comments -- but
it doesn't stick and/or work.

Here's a screencast of me trying it another time.

http://www.screencast.com/t/M2JjZDllZjg

It's not that important to solve this problem as the preso is
available as a link to another web site, but this functionality should
be system-wide on this forum so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or
why that's not the case.

Might be worth looking into.

--Steve WAGENSELLER

leigh wolf

Feb 15, 2010, 5:43:57 PM2/15/10
to MAET HELP
Aloha Steve!! :)

Embedding in forums is always tricky - not technically - but because
of spam. Punya uses something called SimplePress to support the
discussion forum - the disabling of embedding is a "Spam Prevention
Tool" that is coded into SimplePress. We will dig through some of the
user forums and see if we can hack our way around this!

Mahalo for bringing this to our attention!
Leigh