CEP 817 Adding to my website

Susan Snyder

Feb 18, 2010, 6:37:51 AM2/18/10
to MAET HELP, kristen....@gmail.com
Course Number: CEP 817
Assignment Title: (if applicable) Design a website for your class
assignments
Tech Question:
I am required to have a personal website for my learning through
technology and design class. I have established this on google site at
the following URL http://sites.google.com/site/snyderswebsite/
I have figured out how to create the sidebar, and can name the
sections on the sidebar. But I don't know how to add items under those
headings. For example listed on my sidebar is a section called
assignments. I am then supposed to place my weekly assignments from
class under that tab for my instructors to look at. I had a classmate
walk me through this once but have not been able to add to it since,
even after watching the tutorials on the google sites page.

Thank you for your time!
Susan

Amy

Feb 18, 2010, 4:25:17 PM2/18/10
to MAET HELP
Hi Susan,

Make sure when you create the sidebar items you make them a
"navigation" type. This way you can add individual pages. What this
means is you must have a page created beforehand and then add it to
your sidebar. So click 'edit sidebar' then select 'edit' under the
'navigation' you would like to work with in the center of the screen.
A new window should open and there you can add existing pages.

I hope this helps, if you need anything else or if this didn't solve
your problem, let me know.

Amy