October 9 Meeting

Jim Donovan

Oct 5, 2022, 10:19:12 AM10/5/22
to MAEAA Mid-America Electric Auto Association
Hey all:

There were issues with too many members attempting to use the MyEVA zoom link last month.  I opted to use my business zoom account for this month’s meeting.  Please note the new link, password, and meeting ID.

Jim

Mid America Electric Automobile Association

A Network of Electric Vehicle Enthusiasts

Monthly Live and Zoom Hybrid Meeting

The second Sunday of the Month

October 9, 2022 – 1-2pm

2-3pm - the library room and our zoom session is ours to use as we wish

Johnson County Central Resources Library

9875 West 87th Street, OPKS – Logan Conference Room

NEW Remote Monthly Meeting Log-In via Zoom (passcode:  MAEAA)

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82789959079?pwd=eVRxak1DOE9XRmIvWjgxcUZFY21DQT09

Meeting ID: 827 8995 9079               Passcode: MAEAA

NOTE:  Use of last month’s Zoom account was not great, too many members had issues with logging in.  This month I opted to use my business zoom account.

THIS IS A NEW NEW ZOOM LINK.  We will discuss how to move forward with Zoom as part of our meeting.  Please provide feedback if you have issues with logging onto this Zoom account.

MONTHLY MEETING OUTLINE:

1-110               Library doors open, get situated, set-up remote meeting equipment

110-120           Room and Zoom Walk Around – quick introduction of people attending

and a mention for any agenda item for the Member Forum section

120-135           Guest Speaker via Zoom –

Nick Voris, Senior Manager, Electrification Products and Services, Evergy, will summarize the EV-related rebates and rates provided by Evergy, the Kansas City area’s electric utility provider to 1.8 million commercial and residential users.  He will also touch on the EV-related programs included with the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) and the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).

135-145           Q&A

                        Social media update

145-2               Member Forum Roundtable – an opportunity for those in attendance to

share their agenda item and/or EV related activities in their lives

2 to 3pm          Meeting Room and zoom session is the clubs for use as it sees fit, an

opportune time for social discussions with like-minded individuals

NOTE UPCOMING EV-ents:

·     September 28 – National Drive Electric EV Display, Village Church, 6641 Mission Road, Prairie Village KS https://driveelectricweek.org/event?eventid=3398

·     October 1 – Energy Action 10am-2pm, Gordon Discovery Center, 4750 Troost, KCMO https://driveelectricweek.org/event?eventid=3459

Next Meeting:  (the second Sunday of the month, hybrid at the library and zoom)

·     October 9 – Hybrid meeting, Logan Conference Room and Zoom

·     November 13 – Hybrid meeting, Central Conference Room

·     December TBA – Historically more social in nature, we can discuss

October 9 Agenda.docx