October 9 meeting power point

Jim Donovan

Oct 10, 2022, 10:26:24 AM10/10/22
to MAEAA Mid-America Electric Auto Association
Hey all

Fun meeting yesterday, great to see you all. Attached is a copy of the powerpoint that Nick shared - I am sure that once I review it again I will end up with even more questions.

See you November 13.

Jim

2022-10 MAEEA Presentation.pdf

Ken KManS Smiley

Oct 10, 2022, 1:28:38 PM10/10/22
to Jim Donovan, MAEAA Mid-America Electric Auto Association
What? No slides dedicated to this?

Also still wondering why Evergy wants to charge solar customers extra fees or limits my solar array size on my home, etc. Etc.

Can't remember the last time I charged at an Evergy charging station, usually they aren't functioning or don't have the right plugs.

Sent from my Galaxy

Billy Croan

Oct 11, 2022, 5:59:12 AM10/11/22
to Mid-America Electric Automobile Association
I wish Evergy would do something to utilize clean sustainable geothermal generation since it's usable 24x7 and doesn't need storage to smooth out production.   I bought up an option during the presentation of a company, AltaRock,  AltaRockEnergy.com has technology to convert existing coal plants to geo thermal.  But the presenter didn't seem very interested in it or maybe my phone connection was just breaking up at that time. I've attached a paper from Alta on it.

I want to be fair to Evergy too about the EVSEs.  In two years, I've rarely had any trouble with "their" level2 EVSEs myself.  In quotes because I don't think they own all of them exactly.  The only one I can think of that was broken for more than one visit was at Johnson county library.  I dug into it and it seemed more a bureaucratic holdup of nobody wanting to act until the library board meet next month to debate approving a repair cost than anything Evergy could fix.

Petty-2016.-Transitioning-Coal-to-Geothermal.pdf