Splus for 64bit Windows7 ?

Bear

Oct 27, 2010, 11:37:00 AM10/27/10
to MadUseR
Dear-

I am a long times user of Splus 2000 under 32 bit XP.

After I change 32bit XP to 64 bit Windows 7, my previous Splus cannot
be installed in the new 64bit Windows7.

1) Is there any way for me to use the Splus in the 64 bit Windows7?

2) In many case, most 32bit-based software can be run under 64 bit
OS. There might be some way.

3) Is there any link for me to search any further detail on 32 bit
Splus program in 64 bit OS?

Thanks in advance.

Brian Peterson

Oct 27, 2010, 12:36:30 PM10/27/10
to mad...@googlegroups.com
R runs fine in 64 bit Windows in either 32 or 64 bit compiled versions.

Isn't this an R user group? and isn't S-Plus basically abandonware anyway since Insightful's demise?  (TIBCO is frantically porting to R, and even reporting bugs on the R core development forums.

I used S-Plus years ago too, but it's time is past.

Regards,

  - Brian