An R short course at UW-Madison

Karl Broman

Dec 7, 2011, 1:07:15 PM12/7/11
to mad...@googlegroups.com

There is a new course on "Introductory Data Analysis with R" this Spring, and in subsequent semesters. We are beginning with an introductory level, with intent to teach intermediate and advanced levels once the market emerges. Right now we have 34 enrolled, and we need 40 to actually offer the course--otherwise it will be cancelled.

Any student, graduate or undergraduate, can take this course, and can no doubt learn some interesting things in the process. Please sign up, or encourage your students to sign up, soon so that we can secure funding. The course is officially Stat 692, running for the first five weeks as a 1 credit module.

Questions can be directed to John Gillett, who had kindly agreed to develop course materials and teach the course. If funded, he would also be a resource for other courses on teaching R to undergraduates.

327.pdf