flatblocks

jcothran

Jan 4, 2013, 3:11:30 PM1/4/13
to madrona
I'm working with the Marco github code, my 'explore' catalog page is
https://github.com/Ecotrust/marco-portal/blob/master/marco/fixtures/flatblocks.json

I've tried manage.py syncdb, loaddata, migrate commands to make these
tag references available, but no luck so far in getting the
application to recognize the flatblocks.json content.

Ideas?

Scott Fletcher

Jan 4, 2013, 3:43:14 PM1/4/13
to jeremy....@gmail.com, madron...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

The flatblocks fixture needs to be loaded manually.
Which you can do by the following command:

python manage.py loaddata fixtures/flatblocks.json

The reason for this is mainly procedural in that we've anticipated non-developer admins updating the flatblocks (via the django-admin) on the server, and we wanted to lower our chances of accidentally overwriting the changes made by these admins (e.g. through a regular migration).  This way, these admins make the changes on the server, let us know, and we update the fixture manually.

Hope that helps,

-Scott

Jeremy Cothran

Jan 4, 2013, 3:59:14 PM1/4/13
to Scott Fletcher, madron...@googlegroups.com
Hey Scott,

Mucho thanks for the quick fix and info! That did the trick.

Cheers
Jeremy