installation

Daniele

Jun 21, 2010, 3:35:35 AM6/21/10
to madpattern
SOrry so much, but this beautiful template seems not to work with
Illustrator AS3 .

Matt

Jun 21, 2010, 10:38:23 AM6/21/10
to madpattern
i do not have a copy of Illustrator CS3 and cannot test the
compatibility. if i get a copy in the future, and update the
templates, i'll make sure to let you know.

-matt

Astute Graphics

Jul 9, 2010, 5:12:26 AM7/9/10
to madpattern
Just tested it with a random template ("p31m.ait" I think...) by
saving from Ai CS4 as an Ai CS3 Illustrator file. Loaded it in Ai CS3
and it worked fine. Used all standard settings.

You can't down-save as an Illustrator template document, but this
shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this is of help,

Nick

Matt Handler

Jul 9, 2010, 12:59:01 PM7/9/10
to madpa...@googlegroups.com
yes, it looks like the way to get CS3 compatibility is to save the templates as regular Ai CS3 files (not as templates) from within Ai CS4 (or CS5).  i have successfully converted and tested one file so far, i just haven't had a chance to do the rest...

after saving, you can change the file's extension to .ait and then illustrator will continue to treat it like a template.

once i get some free time, i will convert them all and put them up on the site... not sure if i can attach files to the google group, but i'm going to attempt it.  i'm attaching p4m.ait for cs3 to this email

thanks nick for your help,
-matt
p4m-rotated.cs3.ait

Astute Graphics

Jul 12, 2010, 4:38:37 AM7/12/10
to madpattern
I never realised that simply changing the file extension from .ai
to .ait would force it to be a template file! Thanks for that tip :)

Nick