resolution issues

Olaf

Mar 10, 2011, 1:02:23 AM3/10/11
to madpattern
Love this tool (having trouble getting anything done because it's a
lot more fun to play with patterns) but do have a question/complaint:
I want to make patterns that are suitable for print, and I want to do
it using other artwork as the source rather than drawing in
Illustrator. Whatever images I place, however, no matter how crisp and
high-res they are, turn into fuzzy, low-res messes. Very frustrating.
(These are raster images--jpgs, tifs, pngs--not vectors.)
Any way around this? Thanks.

Matt Handler

Mar 10, 2011, 1:06:19 AM3/10/11
to madpa...@googlegroups.com
there is a big difference between what illustrator shows when you are working on a document vs what it will output (especially in terms of raster images placed into the document). try going to file->save for web and devices, and seeing if the outputted image looks similarly crappy there. if the image is a high enough resolution, it should be fine. if not, there may be an issue with your file.

madpattern has no inherent qualities that would make a raster image lower quality. let me know if it works!

cheers,
-matt