Madness Central Newsletter: Issue 8.

1 view

Kevin Tizzard

Nov 27, 2009, 1:19:37 PM11/27/09
to madness-centr...@googlegroups.com
Madness Central Newsletter: Issue 8
21st November – 27th November 2009.

Welcome to the 8th edition of the Madness Central weekly newsletter.

Forever Young Now Available For Pre-Order:

There is now a 4-format bundle for the release of Forever Young (Jan 11th 2010) available for Pre-Order at the official MadShop. Further information regarding this can be found later in the newsletter (Section 2).

Please Note: When placing your order, you can use the voucher code: MADSHOP2 to receive a discount on this exclusive bundle. Simply enter the code when prompted as you checkout.

Contents:

1. Latest News And Information
2. Forever Young 4 Format Bundle available for Pre-Order
3. www.retro-madness.co.uk - Special Offer for MCN Readers
4. Madness Central Updates: Tour Madness
5. Folgate Promos: First Birthday Contest Closing
6. Contacting Madness Central
7. Newsletter Subscription Details.

1. Latest News And Information

The following are the currently weekly news snippet(s) taken from the Madness Central blog at: http://www.madness-central.com/blog

# Celebrate Our First Year on the Interweb by Winning Some Cool Stuff

With thanks to Madness’ Management (which I enjoy calling Mad Man), we have an excellent prize that’s a stellar way to send us off on our second year as well as to celebrate The Liberty of Norton Folgate, arguably the finest Madness album ever ..

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=795

# Forever Young is All Mixed Up

Two new promotional singles for the song “Forever Young” are set to make the rounds, featuring four new mixes of the song, including a radio edit from Woody’s production company Melt Music ...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=800

2. Forever Young 4 Format Bundle available for Pre-Order

Official MadShop:
http://www.recordstore.co.uk/madness/home.jsp

Get the CD, Limited Edition Gatefold 7" Vinyl plus 2 digital downloads for £9

How it works: the physical formats (CD and 7-inch) will be delivered to you for the release date. To pick up your downloads, go to your account on day of release (by clicking on 'ACCOUNT' above) and your downloads will be there for you to pick up. You'll also receive an email with the download link.

CD Single:
1. Melt Music radio edit
2. Future Cut remix
3. J Star Mr Wallace Dub
4. Live from Later with Jools at BBC
5. Love Really Hurts

Limited Edition Gatefold 7":
A Side:
Original Version
B Side:
J Star Mr Wallace Dub

Downloads:

1. Melt Music Radio Edit
2. J Star Late Night Taxi Remix (Exclusive to this Bundle)

This multi-buy offer pack contains the following products:

Forever Young - CD Single - normal price £1.99
Melt Music (Radio Edit) - Digital Track - MP3 audio (.mp3) - normal price £0.99
Melt Music (J Star Late Night Taxi Remix) - Download Exclusive - Digital Track - MP3 audio (.mp3) - normal price £0.99
Forever Young - 7 inch single - normal price £6.99

Note: When placing your order, you can use the voucher code: MADSHOP2 to receive a discount on this exclusive bundle. Simply enter the code when prompted as you checkout.

Order link:
http://www.recordstore.co.uk/madness/home.jsp

3. www.retro-madness.co.uk - Special Offer for MCN Readers

Retro-Madness was launched in July and provides Madness fans with an opportunity to obtain rare and deleted Madness records, CDs and memorabilia from the past 30 years, with over 1250 different items available at any one time. We only sell deleted official Madness items and for all current items we strongly recommend the Mad Shop on the official website where this year's range of Madness products are readily available.

At the moment postage is free on all items for all UK customers of the 'Retro' Madness Shop, with an additional amount charged for shipping to the rest of the world.

Every week in MCN a different item from the Retro shop is going to be made available to MCN readers at a reduced price. The price will be reduced for one week only before returning to its usual price.

This week the featured item is the 2009 Madstock 5 lanyard style programme. These were only available at Madstock and were sold for £6 each. Since Madstock a few have turned up on Ebay and have sold for anything up to £30 each! The 'Retro' Madness Shop have since managed to obtain a very limited number of them and whilst we normally have them priced at £9.99 each (including UK postage), for this week only we will be reducing them to £8.50 each (inc UK postage). Click the link below and you will find them at the top of the page:

http://www.retro-madness.co.uk

4. Madness Central Updates: Tour Madness

Courtesy of Tour Madness project manager: Jon Young.

The 70's and 80's entries of Tour Madness were put online for the site launch a year ago, and since then more entries have been indexed. We can now tell you that this week The 90's have begun to be updated with full text entries. Details of what was played and when at 90's Gigs and on TV is now mostly all there for you to read and enjoy with more to Follow.

The Madstock years, The reunion tours, The launch of Wonderful, It's all there in full text entries up to 1999. So if you ever wanted to know the songs rehearsed before Madstock, when it was they soundchecked Soul Denying or Blueberry Hill, or the 90's tour dates, or when it was they played a canal boat! Plenty of stuff to read. 1999 the busy 1st new album year, The wonderful Looby has helped me to put online, Cheers! There are just a few more entries to finish rounding out the decade and the whole 90's Madness period will be then documented for everyones future reference on this site.

Plus the 80's Madness TV, has been updated with new info beyond the original Fanzine Tour Madness, Pop Quiz appearances entries and a BBC School's appearance, and early Breakfast Television appearances from the BBC programme catalogue including this:

http://www.madnesstradingring.com/tourmadness/Madness/1986/86.02.20.html

And we noticed that the bands first appearance on American TV wasnt listed, so we've added that too:

http://www.madnesstradingring.com/tourmadness/Madness/1980/80.03.00.html

You can also enjoy the first set of Links in the new "Watch This" feature on the TV index page, that will launch the relevant TV clip on Youtube or video site for you from the index of TV shows Madness appeared on. This will be updated over time to become a complete checklist of Madness videos online.

Tour Madness:
http://www.madnesstradingring.com/tourmadness/tourmadness.html

5. Folgate Promos: First Birthday Contest Closing

For those who have yet to enter, the competition to win a collection of Norton Folgate Campaign Promotional CDs (Courtesy of Lucky Seven Records and the Madness Management) closes this Monday: 30th November at 5pm GMT

The Promo Prize Pack:

Forever Young Promo1 (1 Track)
Forever Young Promo2 (4 Track)
The Liberty Of Norton Folgate Album Promo (15 Tracks)
Sugar And Spice Promo (1 Track)
Dust Devil Promo (1 Track)
Dust Devil Video Promo (DVD)

You can enter the contest here:
http://www.madness-central.com/interactive/feature/feature.html

6. Contacting Madness Central

madness-central-ne...@googlegroups.com

You will need to reply to a confirmation e-mail prior to your subscription being processed. With some ISP’s this email may be filtered directly into your spam/junk folder.

# How to Unsubscribe:

If you no longer wish to receive the Madness Central Newsletter, send an e-mail to:

madness-central-new...@googlegroups.com

If you've missed the previous issues you can catch up by viewing the groups archive at:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/madness-central-newsletter?hl=en