Madness Central Newsletter: Issue 24

Kevin Tizzard

Apr 2, 2010, 9:34:21 PM4/2/10
to Madness Central Newsletter
Madness Central Newsletter: Issue 24
26th March-2nd April 2010

Welcome to the 24th edition of the Madness Central Weekly Newsletter.

If you've missed any previous issues you can catch up by viewing the groups archive at:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/madness-central-newsletter?hl=en

Madness Central: Quote Us On That ...

Madness Central Forum
A free, fun and informative way to communicate on-line with other Madness fans around the globe.
Register for the discussion boards here:
http://www.madness-central.com/forum

The Madness Central Blog
First for all the breaking news. Subscribe to the blog, via RSS feed or e-mail delivery, and get the latest news as and when it happens. View the Madness Central Blog at:
http://www.madness-central.com/blog

Newsletter Contents

1. Latest News And Information

2. www.retro-madness.co.uk - This week's special offer
3  Madness Central YouTube Launches
4. Audio Bullys “Higher Than Eiffel” feat. Suggs and Barzo – Contest Open Now.
5. Madness Central Update: The Nutty Caption
6. Official Madness News Twitter Page Now Available
7.
Shadness: Scottish Madness tribute band is looking for a guitarist
8.
Suggs fronts Wandsworth Councils new 'Council tax direct debit payment Campaign'
9. Coming Soon: The MadQuiz returns - hosted by John Reed.
10.  Madness 2010 UK and European Tour Dates Listing

11. RIP: Matthew Stzumpf, former Madness manager
12. Contacting Madness Central
13. Madness Central Newsletter Subscription Details

1. Latest News And Information

The following news items are taken from the Madness Central Blog at:
http://www.madness-central.com/blog
You can also subscribe to the blogs feed, either via email or RSS at:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/madnesscentralblog

Madness Central YouTube Launches

Madness Central YouTube Launches – Rare US Footage To Come. Despite a joyous number of video’s of Madness on YouTube these days, what you don’t tend to see very often are the American TV appearances, which have become somewhat of a rarity amongst the Madness fanbase ...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=90

Note: The above blog has also been reproduced in its entirety in Section 3 of this newsletter.

Madness To Headline “Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza” – Saturday 7th August 2010

Band To Perform In Grounds Of Glastonbury Abbey – Steve Harley To Open. News in today that Madness have been confirmed to headline the “Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza” on Saturday 7th August 2010 with Steve Harley And Cockney Rebel confirmed to open the show ...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=93

Our House The Musical – Arthur Cotterell Theatre, Kingston Upon Thames – 13th-17th April 2010

Madness Musical Gets Another Local Theatre Outing Courtesy Of Studio 7 Productions. Continuing our theme of bringing you news of the spate of local theatre group productions of “Our House – The Musical”, we’ve heard today that Studio 7 Productions are to perform the show at the Arthur Cotterell Theatre, Kingston Upon Thames from 13th to 17th April 2010, including a matinee performance on Saturday 17th April...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=97

Madness – Rock Palace, Los Angeles – Madness Central YouTube Update

Footage From “Rock Palace” American TV Show Now Posted. Our season of USA Madness television continues by finally landing on Uncle Sam’s soil with live concert footage from 80’s LA. “Rock Palace” was a short-lived television show hosted by a comedian guest who presented footage from concerts filmed at the local Palace venue...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=101

Audio Bullys “Higher Than Eiffel” feat. Suggs and Barzo – Contest Open Now!!!

The new Audio Bullys album “Higher Than Eiffel” was released this past Monday (29th March), and it’s well worth the 10 quid if you’re a fan of their ska-and-punk-driven house beats. Their third album out and they’ve found a groove diverse and unique for sure...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=103

Note: The above blog has also been reproduced in its entirety in Section 4 of this newsletter.

Our House The Musical – White Rock Theatre, Hastings – 12-14 August 2010

News of another production of “Our House The Musical” reached us via a member at the Madness Central Forums today – this time it’s being performed in Hastings at the White Rock Theatre with five performances between 12th-14th August 2010...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=106

2. www.retro-madness.co.uk - This week's special offer

With several amateur productions of Our House the Musical being staged around the UK over the next few weeks, we have decided to reduce the prices of our official Our House T Shirts to prices even less than they cost to be made!!! We hold the remaining stock of all the Our House merchandise left over from the West End Show and the UK Tour.

All items are in completely brand new condition. Some lines and sizes are now sold out, but for those we have left we have reduced the prices of the Red and Navy T Shirts to just £4.50 (Small), £4.99 (Medium & Large) and £5.99 (X Large). We have also reduced all sizes of the Ladies/Childs Red Polo Shirts to just £3.50 each. All prices include UK p&p.

Click the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page to view these items. The prices will be held for the whole of April, or until the items are sold out.

http://retro-madness.co.uk/

Happy Easter!
Chris & Emma

3. Madness Central YouTube Launches

Despite a joyous number of video’s of Madness on YouTube these days, what you don’t tend to see very often are the American TV appearances, which have become somewhat of a rarity amongst the Madness fanbase.

To start off our new Madness Central Youtube channel, we bring you a 40-minute documentary that was screened on US MTV in 1983.  Not only does this programme feature some wonderful interview footage with Carl, Suggs, Lee and Chris by the ‘Professor of Pop’ Paul Gambaccini, intertwined with it is rare live footage that was recorded on the ‘Rise and Fall’ tour, mainly at the Brighton Conference Centre gig on March 5th, 1983.  See ‘Madness (Is All the Mind)’ with a viola player in spotlight and ‘Blue Skinned Beast’ live with a back drop of footage from the Falklands War.  All brilliant stuff.

Over the next few weeks, courtesy of our main man in LA, musician, record producer and Madness fan, Andrew Sandoval and The Madness Central Team, we will be bringing you some more of these exclusive American clips right here.  From the band’s hilarious appearance on American Bandstand in 1980 right up to the fantastic live 2-song set on Saturday Night Live in 1984.  That’s all to come in the near future, look out for announcements on the forum, news blog, newsletter and our Facebook site.

Check for the Site links and updates here.

http://www.madnesstradingring.com/downloads/MCYouTube/MCYouTube.html

Go to the Youtube site here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LoobyMadnessCentral

If you’ve got rare footage and need help putting it online please contact one of us on the Madness Central Team in the usual way.

4. Audio Bullys “Higher Than Eiffel” feat. Suggs and Barzo – Contest Open Now.

The new Audio Bullys album “Higher Than Eiffel” was released this past Monday (29th March), and it’s well worth the 10 quid if you’re a fan of their ska-and-punk-driven house beats. Their third album out and they’ve found a groove diverse and unique for sure.

Of course, as Madness fans, it doesn’t hurt that Suggs and Barzo feature on the album, on the two songs “Twist Me Up” and “Goodbye”. This makes the 10 quid all the better spent.

We’re holding a contest for three lucky winners who will each receive a copy of “Higher Than Eiffel”. You can enter the contest here:

http://www.madness-central.com/interactive/feature/feature.html

The contest runs until 5 pm GMT, 12 April 2010. So be sure to get your entry in if you want a chance at a free CD, courtesy of Cooking Vinyl Records and Audio Bullys Management.

You can hear the full album in stream at the Audio Bullys official MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/audiobullys

5. Madness Central Update: The Nutty Caption

Have you ever seen a picture of Madness and, with puzzled amazement, said to yourself, "Just what the blue blazes were they thinking?" Why not put some words in the mouths of Madness and answer that question for yourself?

The Nutty Caption has been updated once again and can be found at:
http://www.madness-central.com/interactive/caption/caption.php

This time the 'victim' is Suggs.

6. Official Madness News Twitter Page Now Available

This week saw the launch of the Official Madness News Twiiter Page. For those of you with Twitter accounts, and also those without, you can view and/or subscribe to all the latest Tweets at:
http://twitter.com/madnessnews

7. Shadness: Scottish Madness tribute band is looking for a guitarist

Ayrshire and Scotland’s newest Madness tribute band have gigs lined up – but no guitarist.

Shadness has been formed by three members of top Bon Jovi tribute band, Non Jovi, together with other great local musicians. As soon as the band were formed, offers of gigs came flooding in. But there’s only one problem – they have yet to find a guitar player.

Things are getting tight now as the first gig is on Saturday, June 5 at The Ferry in Glasgow, supporting soul band Counselled Out. Shadness bass player Rod Anderson from Troon said: "We know lots of guitar players, but they are all too busy to join us. We really need to find an experienced player who loves ska and fancies joining a band which will be a great laugh to play in."

Shadness drummer Brian McKinlay played with renowned local band The Rhymes in the 90s, and last year organised Ayr’s Jam at the Dam. He said: "When The Rhymes were reforming for a SeptembAyr concert in 2003, we had lost contact with singer Helen Frater.But an appeal in the Ayrshire Post did the trick, and we’re hoping it will work again."

Anyone interested should e-mail shad...@virgin.net or call 07817 208219.

8. Suggs fronts Wandsworth Councils new 'Council tax direct debit payment Campaign'

Popstar Suggs says that with a £25,000 cash prize on offer it would be "madness" not to sign up to a new council tax direct debit payment campaign. People who sign up to pay their council tax by direct debit before July 15 will be entered into a prize draw and could win themselves £25,000.

The cash prize is being offered by Bacs Payment Schemes Ltd (Bacs), the organisation responsible for direct debit. It has teamed up with Wandsworth Council and some other London boroughs in a drive to increase the use of this easy and convenient payment method.

The public awareness campaign is being fronted by Madness singer Suggs. He was joined at the launch of the new initiative last week by the chairman of Wandsworth's corporate resources scrutiny committee Cllr Vanessa Graham.

The full press release article and images can be viewed at:
http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/legacy/news/pressreleasedetail.asp?id=6929

9. Coming Soon: The MadQuiz returns - hosted by John Reed.

The long fallow Madquiz, now helmed by "The Nutty Sound" author John Reed, will be going live this weekend on Madness Central this weekend. News of it's launch will be posted in the forum, on the Madness Central homepage and News Blog. Watch this space ...

10. Madness 2010 UK and European Tour Dates Listing

Lots of UK and European tour dates are now scheduled for the next few months. Here's what's confirmed so far...

28.04.10 - B1 Maximum Hall, Moscow, Russia
01.05.10 - Estrella Levante SOS 4.8, Murcia, Spain
08.05.10 - Milan Palasharp, Italy
11.05.10 - Berlin (C-Halle), Germany
12.05.10 - Dortmund Westfalenhalle, Germany
14.05.10 - Zenith De Paris, France
15.05.10 - Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Holland
28.05.10 - Papillons de Nuit, Normandy, France
12.06.10 - Caribana Festival, Switzerland
09.07.10 - The Marquee, Cork, Ireland
11.07.10 - T In The Park, Scotland
23.07.10 - York Racecourse
24.07.10 - Quex Park, Margate
29.07.10 - Epsom Racecourse
30.07.10 - 01.08.10 - Camp Bestival, Dorset
06.08.10 - Newmarket Racecourse
07.08.10 - Glastonbury Abbey, Glastonbury
21.08.10 - V Festival, Weston Park
22.08.10 - V Festival, Hylands Park

Links to purchase tickets for the above dates can be found on the ofiicial Madness website at:
http://www.madness.co.uk/

11. RIP: Matthew Stzumpf, former Madness manager

As many are already aware, Mr Smash posted the sad news on his Facebook page that
Matthew Stzumpf, former manager of the band, passed away recently. Everyone at Madness Central would like to extend their wishes and condolences to Matthews' family and friends.

12. Contacting Madness Central

You can send all communications relating to Madness Central to the e-mail address:
ad...@madness-central.com

13. Madness Central Newsletter Subscription Details.

Subscribing to the Newsletter:

If you are reading this newsletter via Google, Facebook and/or RSS feed, you can have this newsletter delivered weekly directly to your e-mail inbox.

To subscribe, visit the Madness Central website at:
http://www.madness-central.com
and use the relevant subscription box displayed on the homepage.

Alternatively, you can send a blank e-mail to:
madness-central-ne...@googlegroups.com

Note: You will need to reply to a confirmation e-mail prior to your subscription being processed. With some ISP’s this email may be filtered directly into your spam/junk folder.

How to Unsubscribe:

If you no longer wish to receive the Madness Central Newsletter, send an e-mail to:
madness-central-new...@googlegroups.com