Madness Central Newsletter: Issue 20

1 view

Kevin Tizzard

Feb 27, 2010, 7:13:04 PM2/27/10
to Madness Central Newsletter
Madness Central Newsletter: Issue 20
22nd - 27th February 2010

Welcome to the 20th edition of the Madness Central Weekly Newsletter.

If you've missed any previous issues you can catch up by viewing the groups archive at:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/madness-central-newsletter?hl=en

News Update: Despite speculation to the contrary, Madness was not announced as a participant in this year's Oxegen festival. Madness Management informed us of this prior to Oxegen's official announcement: http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/

Newsletter Contents

1. Latest News And Information
2. Epsom Live! concerts will be Feeling the Madness.
3. Madness announce Suffolk gig
4. www.retro-madness.co.uk - This week's Special Offer
5. Madness Central Audio Bullys Contest. And Some.
6. Contacting Madness Central
7. Madness Central Newsletter Subscription Detail

1. Latest News And Information

The following news items are taken from the Madness Central Blog at:
http://www.madness-central.com/blog
You can also subscribe to the blogs feed, either via email or RSS at:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/madnesscentralblog

Madness To Play Newmarket Racecourse – Friday 6th August 2010

It’s been bought to our attention today that Ticketmaster are advertising tickets for an appearance by the band at Newmarket Racecourse on Friday 6th August 2010. Indications are that tickets are due to go on sale here on Friday 26th February 2010...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=74

Songs In The Key Of London – Featuring Suggs & Mr Smash – Barbican Centre, London – 9th March 2010

We bought you news a while back of a show called Songs In The Key Of London at the Barbican Centre, London on 9th March 2010. The show a one-off “London themed” event to be hosted by Phil Daniels and has been put together by Chris Difford (of Squeeze fame) will feature Suggs and Mr Smash as well as the likes of Chris Difford, Glenn Tilbrook, Chaz Jankel, Andy Serkis, Blaine Harrison, Jools Holland, James Hunter, Mike Lindsay and Becky Jacobs (of Tunng), Natty, Rico Rodriguez, Kathryn Williams and more...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=63

Madness Confirmed To Play T In The Park – 11th July 2010

In what is shaping up to be another very busy year for Madness on the gig front, the band have today been confirmed to appear at Scotland’s “T In The Park” festival by the band’s official website and Facebook page. According to the official site gig listings page the band are due to appear on Sunday 11th July 2010. Headliners for that night are confirmed as Kasabian...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=58

Absolutely and Seven reissues available in Europe and USA

If you can’t wait for the UK release of the Absolutely and Seven 2 cd reissues from Union Square Music, word is in that both albums can be had at Amazon German and Amazon US...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=55

Union Square Music’s Salvo Site Goes Live

As reported last year on Madness Central, Union Square Music was constructing a site for the direct sales of USM releases to the public via their Salvo project....

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=53

Sound Island Festival (Margate) Gig Confirmed For 24th July 2010

Madness To Go On A Jolly Boys Outing To Margate. Along with the Epsom Racecourse gig already blogged here news reached us today from the official site and the official Facebook page of another UK gig at the Sound Island Festival, Quex Park, Margate on Saturday 24th July 2010...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=51

Epsom Racecourse Gig Confirmed For Thursday 29th July 2010

Madness To Go Racing Again. News in today from the official site and also the official Facebook page that Madness are to play Epsom Racecourse on Thursday 29th July 2010 – for tickets call 0844 579 3004 or click here...

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=49

2. Epsom Live! concerts will be Feeling the Madness.2. Epsom Live! concerts will be Feeling the Madness.

Source: Get Surrey
http://tinyurl.com/yflyuub

Adding to the already announced JLS, James Morrison and Simply Red, indie chart toppers The Feeling and ska legends Madness have been revealed as the final two acts for this year's Epsom Live! shows. The race day concerts will take place every Thursday evening in July at Epsom Downs Racecourse.

Preparing for their hotly anticipated third album, The Feeling will be performing hits such as Fill My Little World, Sewn and I Thought It Was Over on July 15. Not only will the crowd get to enjoy the Brit-nominated five-piece after a day of horse racing, but £1 from every ticket sale will go to charity in aid of the Haiti earthquake appeal.

Madness complete the Epsom Downs musical line-up on July 29 with a show that is sure to get all audience members dancing the night away. Frontman Suggs will no doubt steal the show when the band, horns and all, perform songs from their back catalogue of more than 30 well known top 20 singles. After releasing their latest critically acclaimed studio album, The Liberty of Norton Folgate, the night will be filled with classics from 1976 to now!

Rupert Trevelyan, managing director for Epsom Downs Racecourse, commented “The line up for Epsom Live! is now complete and we are really looking forward to staging such entertaining events in July. “Our music evenings have proved hugely popular amongst both racing and music fans alike over the last few years and we believe 2010 offers the best line up yet.”

Tickets are on sale now - to book call 0844 848 0197 or visit www.epsomdowns.co.uk

3. Madness announce Suffolk gig

Source: The Evening Star
http://tinyurl.com/yfz3c9j

Popular British pop/ska act Madness are to perform in Suffolk, it was announced today. The band will play at Newmarket Racecourse on Friday, August 6 as part of the Newmarket Nights series. It is the third time Madness have been part of the Newmarket Nights line-up following sell-out performances in 2007 and 2008.

Madness are one of the ultimate British singles bands, holding the record for British single sales in the 1980s. Stephen Wallis, Newmarket Racecourses managing director, said: “We are extremely thrilled to be welcoming back Madness to Newmarket.

“Their previous two performances in 2007 and 2008 were two of the best Newmarket Nights ever and Madness were hugely popular with the crowd. It was no surprise to us that Madness sold out very quickly both times and therefore urge our customers to book early for this year's event to avoid disappointment.”

Tickets for Madness are now on sale and can be booked online at www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or by calling 0844 5793010. Tickets are priced between £36 and £18 for adults, and £15 and £10 for children.

4. www.retro-madness.co.uk - This week's Special Offer

We still have a few unsold copies of the Nutty Boys / Crunch! cassette single "It's OK I'm a Policeman" from 1993. These are unplayed and include unique press release sheets. As a special clearance offer we have reduced the price of them from £4.50 to an incredible £1.99 including UK p&p!!! You can't get much more of a bargain than this! A great collectable and once these last few have sold will be near impossible to find (so just sit back and watch the value of your £1.99 investment increase!!!)

Click the link below and scroll approx 1/2 way down the page to see them:

http://retro-madness.co.uk/

As a further reminder from last week's offer we still have a few 1 track promo CDs from the last 5x Madness singles available, all of which have been reduced to just £6.99 each including UK postage or £29.99 inc p&p for all 5. All of them except Dust Devil include press release sheets. You will find them all on the same page as the link above.

Happy browsing

Chris & Emma

5. Madness Central Audio Bullys Contest. And Some.

We haven't had a contest on Madness Central since December after a many-month string of contest after contest.

Coming soon is a contest for a copy of the forthcoming Audio Bullys album, Higher Than Eiffel (Release date: 29th March), that features Barzo and Suggs in supporting guest appearance roles. It'll be worth your while to put your name in the hat for this one. Many thanks go to Phil and Jenna at the Audio Bullys management team for setting this up for us.

The next two contests will be for copies of the Absolutely re-issue and Seven re-issue respectively. Steve at USM is kindly sending along three copies of each for us to run as contest prizes, and I know there are more than a few of you who will be interested in these contests.

Thirdly, we're getting a contest together in support of Woody's upcoming participation in the London Marathon. We did this last year and raised almost 700 pounds for our favourite drummer. Unlike most contests on Madness Central that are free to enter, the Woody Marathon Contest will require you to make a small donation to Woody's charity. Last year Woody donated a pair of autographed drumsticks for a prize. Stay tuned for the big reveal this year (the prize has not been determined yet). Jam at MadMan is the man behind this one; he's always so supportive of Madness Central it's beyond appreciated.

Stay tuned for contest launch dates. All four contests should be going live this month. Further details on the contests will be announced in the Madness Central Forum, blog and newsletter.

6. Contacting Madness Central

You can send all communications relating to Madness Central to the e-mail address:
ad...@madness-central.com

7. Madness Central Newsletter Subscription Details.

Subscribing to the Newsletter:

If you are reading this newsletter via Google, Facebook and/or RSS feed, you can have this newsletter delivered weekly directly to your e-mail inbox.

To subscribe, visit the Madness Central website at:
http://www.madness-central.com
and use the relevant subscription box displayed on the homepage.

Alternatively, you can send a blank e-mail to:
madness-central-ne...@googlegroups.com

Note: You will need to reply to a confirmation e-mail prior to your subscription being processed. With some ISP’s this email may be filtered directly into your spam/junk folder.

How to Unsubscribe:

If you no longer wish to receive the Madness Central Newsletter, send an e-mail to:
madness-central-new...@googlegroups.com