Madness Central Newsletter: Issue 4.

Kevin Tizzard

Oct 30, 2009, 5:19:30 AM10/30/09
to madness-centr...@googlegroups.com
Madness Central Newsletter: Issue 4:
24th October – 30th October 2009.

Welcome to the fourth edition of the Madness Central Newsletter.

In a week that has seen the re-issue of One Step Beyond and Madness feature in the latest O2 'Priority' TV ad, Madness Central also bring you an exclusive Halloween treat: Make Me Scream by Suggs, a rare track only ever mentioned or seen by very few fans. Further information on how to view and download this long-lost gem can be found in Section 2 of the newsletter. The full video is also currently on display in the Madness Central Video Player.

If you've missed the previous issues you can catch up by viewing the groups archive at:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/madness-central-newsletter?hl=en

Contents:

1. Latest News And Information
2. Madness Central Halloween Exclusive: Make Me Scream - Suggs.
3. Woody's 2010 Marathon Sponsorship Page
4. Madness Central Updates: In Print
5. Suggs presents Lily Allen with Q Award
6. Scalby School to perform Our House, the Musical
7. Badge of Honour - Madness Fans And Their Tattoos
8. Contacting Madness Central
9. Newsletter Subscription Details.

1. Latest News And Information

The following are the currently weekly news snippet(s) taken from the Madness Central blog at:
http://www.madness-central.com/blog

# One Step Into The Top 40?

Indications from the early midweek chart placings are that Madness could be about to score another Top 40 album placing for the year with the “One Step Beyond” re-issue that was released on Monday 26th October.

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=730

# Win Tickets For London Or Edinburgh Gigs

News in via the Madness News List newsletter today telling us of a chance to win a pair of tickets for either the London O2 Arena show on 18th December 2009 or the Edinburgh Hogmanay show on 31st December 2009.

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=732

# O2 Be Backstage

Madness Feature In O2 'Priority' TV Ads. The alert amongst you may have noticed some familiar faces in the current UK TV ads for mobile phone network O2 who are advertising how their customers get priority booking of concert tickets for O2 sponsored venues up to 48 hours in advance of them going on general sale.

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=727

# Well I’ll Be Amster-damned!!

Hot on the heels of recent announcements of dates in Paris and Milan booked for next May/June - we’ve learned today that Madness are now scheduled to play the Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam on Saturday 15th May 2010.

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=725

# Madness - One Step Beyond - Out Monday 26th October 2009

It's ok, you haven’t been transported back in time and you did read that right, as announced some time ago Madness' debut album "One Step Beyond" is re-issued tomorrow (26th October 2009). Comprising of two CD’s stuffed full of the original tracks, videos, B-sides and rarities.

Read the complete blog at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=722

2. Madness Central Halloween Exclusive: Make Me Scream - Suggs.

This Halloween we bring you a rare remnant only ever mentioned or seen by a very few fans, and not online for the majority of maddies... until now. Here is "Make Me Scream" from Suggs.

In the last fan club comics of the 80's, there was talk of a ghostly themed album that ultimately never emerged and was never worked on. Beyond the last Madness single of the 80's "Ghost Train" and before "Haunted" made it to Suggs first solo album, betwixt "Make Me Scream" is convincing evidence of these monstrous ideas being thrown around, and also evidence that living in difficult Mad times can make you go a bit insane!

Channel X was a Programme offered by alternative remit station Channel 4 in its early days that made pop videos of non-existent songs, an art experiment really. So one night a rare appearance from Suggs popped up on TV, like the ghost of Madness past, an outlet for this one hauntingly-themed song.

"Make Me Scream" is a disturbing performance from the Madness frontman. A twisted disembodied Suggs spirit haunts a house and sings of the dark joys of relief from the horror genre.

You can download both the video and audio from the Featured Downloads page on Madness Central at:

http://www.madness-central.com/downloads/Featured.html

You can also view the video in full on the Madness Central Video Player available in the left sidebar throughout the site.

3. Woody's 2010 Marathon Sponsorship Page

Following this years outstanding success, Woody will once again be running in the Virgin London Marathon on 25th April 2010.

"Thanks for visiting my London Marathon 2010 sponsorship page, that's right, i'm going to do it again! Last year I ran the Marathon in 3hrs and 42mins and raised around £4k. Thank you very much to everyone that sponsored me. This year, I hope to break the 3hr 30min mark and raise £8k for Cancer Research UK!"

You can sponsor Woody at:
http://www.runningsponsorme.org/woody

If you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to every donation.

You can also read the Madness Central blog regarding this at:
http://madness-central.com/blog/?p=734

4. Madness Central Updates: In Print and Nutty Caption

# Nutty Caption Update:

Have you ever seen a picture of Madness and, with puzzled amazement, said to yourself, "Just what the blue blazes were they thinking?" Why not put some words in the mouths of Madness and answer that question for yourself?

http://www.madness-central.com/interactive/caption/caption.php

# In Print:

A band can't be in the international public eye for 30 years without having a few articles written about them. The band can't be expected not to have a few things to say to the masses themselves, either. In the past three decades, you'll find Madness didn't dodge the articles and interviews one bit. From the sheer volume of text, from cover stories with NME to the odds-and-ends blurbs in The Sun, one could wager successfully that they embraced the press and public with truly genuine sincerity, with so much more than the ease of a practiced smile and the tears of a crocodile that you'd get from the likes of the typical jaded pop band. This is all the better for their legions of nutters and nuttettes aching for any glimpse past the album liner notes to see if Madness really is all in the mind.

The In Print section now contains a number of new articles for your reading pleasure. You can access the Madness Central In Print pages at:

http://www.madnesstradingring.com/InPrint/InPrint.html

5. Suggs presents Lily Allen with Q Award

Source: http://www.emi.com/page/TheLatestDetail/0,,12641~1838761,00.html

Lily Allen won Best Track for 'The Fear', at the Q Awards in London last night. The first single from Allen's double platinum album 'It's Not Me, It's You', the song won out over fellow nominees Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Dizzee Rascal and Noisettes.

Allen received the award from Madness frontman Suggs who credited her with 'injecting some vim into the current scene'.

Other award winners included Arctic Monkeys for Best Live Act, Yusuf (formerly Cat Stevens) for Classical Songwriter, Muse for Best Act in the World Today and Lady Gaga for Best Video. Lady Gaga appropriately accepted the award via video as she was unable to attend the ceremony.

6. Scalby School to perform Our House, the Musical

Source: Scarborough Evening News
http://www.scarborougheveningnews.co.uk/news/It39s-Madness-Pupils-go-One.5767055.jp

DRAMA students at Scalby school are celebrating after becoming the first in the country to perform a top West End musical show. The pupils will present Our House: The Madness Musical, at the Stephen Joseph Theatre next year. The show, which features many Madness hits, is about a boy who commits a crime to impress his girlfriend. Teacher Chris Taylor said the school was thrilled.

He added: "The rights were only released for the show in the last couple of weeks so we snapped them up and we believe we will be the first school in the country to perform it. This is the third time we have had this honour – we were the first to do Rent last year and We Will Rock You two years before that."

Mr Taylor said the success of previous years shows had encouraged more students to get involved.

He said: "We had a fantastic response from students with more than 130 wanting to take part in auditions. We now have a cast of more than 70 and they can't wait to get started. It's going to be a very intensive time, but they are extremely excited."

Mr Taylor says the school is now looking for sponsorship for the show which will be performed between Thursday February 11 and Saturday February 13.

Anyone interested should email him at c.ta...@scalbyschool.org.uk for details before Monday November 2.

7. Badge of Honour - Madness Fans And Their Tattoos

Tattoos are not the sole monopoly of the chainsaw punk or leathery biker. Here at Madness Central, we’ve got our fair share of Madness fans who sport the ink, a sure sign of ultimate fandom… anyone willing to go under the needle to prove their love of Madness has got to be a true Madness fan!

You can view the full article and images at:
http://www.madness-central.com/interactive/fancentral/?p=111

madness-central-ne...@googlegroups.com

You will need to reply to a confirmation e-mail prior to your subscription being processed. With some ISP’s this email may be filtered directly into your spam/junk folder.

# How to Unsubscribe:

If you no longer wish to receive the Madness Central Newsletter, send an e-mail to:

madness-central-new...@googlegroups.com