Madmom name

Alex McLean

Oct 18, 2018, 5:17:09 PM10/18/18
to madmom-users

Hi all,

I'm thinking of including madmom in a project, but the name is a sticking point. I suggested it in a workshop today and couldn't explain the name. Why is it called madmom? It could be interpreted in a bad way!

Cheers

alex

Sebastian Böck

Jan 29, 2019, 5:27:53 AM1/29/19
to madmom-users
Sorry for not responding earlier, my email subscription was somehow removed.

On Thursday, 18 October 2018 23:17:09 UTC+2, Alex McLean wrote:

Hi all,

I'm thinking of including madmom in a project, but the name is a sticking point. I suggested it in a workshop today and couldn't explain the name. Why is it called madmom? It could be interpreted in a bad way!

Possible acronyms are:

  • Madmom Analyzes Digitized Music Of Musicians
  • Mostly Audio / Dominantly Music Oriented Modules
HTH

al...@slab.org

Jul 3, 2020, 10:58:00 AM7/3/20
to madmom-users
Ah I missed your reply. No that doesn't really help, but no worries.