LogarithmicFilteredSpectrogram total bins

jsul...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2018, 5:05:29 PM10/1/18
to madmom-users
Hi!

I'm trying to get the correct shape of my spectrograms from the MAPS dataset as mentioned below in Section 5,

Specifically, I'm calling the following,

logSpect = mm.audio.spectrogram.LogarithmicFilteredSpectrogram(
    DATAPOINT,
    num_bands=48,
    num_channels=1,
    sr=44100,
#     unique_filters=False,
    norm_filters=True
)

But I'm getting a shape of (2186, 236) as opposed to (2186, 229).

Sebastian Böck

Jan 29, 2019, 5:25:37 AM1/29/19
to madmom-users
Sorry for not responding earlier, my email subscription was somehow removed.
IIRC, Rainer set fmax to 10000 Hz and added some padding. But it does basically not really matter how many bins you get in the end as long as you stick somehow to these settings.

On a side note, 24 bands per octave seem to be sufficient IMO.

HTH