August Meeting: Topics & Date

PJ

Aug 4, 2009, 2:48:17 PM8/4/09
to Madison Cocoa Developers
How does August 18th work for the group?

Any particular topic suggestions / volunteers?

Pete

Bob Fenchel

Aug 4, 2009, 2:57:22 PM8/4/09
to madison-coco...@googlegroups.com
I'll be out of town on the 18, so would prefer 1 week before or after. But
that's just my vote!

Thanks,
Bob Fenchel

Brad Larson

Aug 4, 2009, 3:10:53 PM8/4/09
to madison-coco...@googlegroups.com
One suggestion was for a presentation on debugging techniques (use of
the GDB debugger, Instruments, etc.). We only really covered memory
management and debugging last time.
______________________
Brad Larson, Ph.D.
Sunset Lake Software
http://www.sunsetlakesoftware.com

Peter Rebholz

Aug 4, 2009, 3:24:23 PM8/4/09
to madison-coco...@googlegroups.com
The 18th is better for me.

Here are a few topics that I've been thinking would be interesting:

Core Data (iPhone and Mac) + Bindings (Mac)
Advanced Objective-C (tips, tricks, neat ways to solve common
problems, using the runtime functions)
Core Audio
Adding AppleScript/Automator functionality to Mac applications

Out of these I might be able to present Core Audio but I'm quite rusty.

The others I could probably learn if people are interested but no one
else wants to present. That said, it probably wouldn't be as
interesting as someone who really knows the ins and outs.

Peter

Grant Rettke

Aug 9, 2009, 9:09:43 AM8/9/09
On Aug 4, 1:48 pm, PJ <pet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How does August 18th work for the group?

Sounds good.

tereza

Aug 9, 2009, 12:54:35 PM8/9/09
to Madison Cocoa Developers
Aug 18th works for me,

PJ

Aug 11, 2009, 12:04:07 PM8/11/09
to Madison Cocoa Developers
Looks like next week - August 18th @ 6 PM - is on. Prof. Banerjee is
helping to reserve Room CS 1325 for us.

I think we can manage a discussion on Debugging as Brad suggested -
any volunteers? I'll take Peter up on discussing Core Audio as well.
If anyone would like to volunteer for any other topics, let me know.