Overwintered bees under siding, Dodgeville

jeanne hansen

Apr 13, 2021, 12:15:33 PM4/13/21
to madbees m madbees, Moe...@yahoo.com
Sue Moen has bees which were under her siding last fall.  A few were getting into the house.  This spring the hive is again active.  The entrance is about 3' up, where the siding meets the foundation.

She is interested in a low-cost removal by one of our volunteers.

If you can go and look/remove the bees, contact:
Sue Moen
402 Lora Ct
Dodgeville, WI 53533

As soon as you speak to her, let the group know.  Otherwise she becomes inundated with calls.

Thanks so much for serving the community in this way.

Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714

Joseph Bessetti

Apr 13, 2021, 2:28:59 PM4/13/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com, Moe...@yahoo.com
Correction:  BEFORE you contact her, let this group know.  She doesn't need to get more than one call or email.

Joe

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

Tim Aure

Apr 13, 2021, 6:36:57 PM4/13/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I'm working out by New Glarus tomorrow
I can take a look at them in the the afternoon if no one else contacted her yet

Sent from my iPhone

jeanne hansen

Apr 13, 2021, 6:44:15 PM4/13/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Tim, you are the first to respond.  Call the woman!

Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison, WI 53714

Tim Aure

Apr 14, 2021, 1:09:39 PM4/14/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I called her, she said she was told last fall they'll have to be removed in the spring but she hasn't seen any bees yet. I told her to let me know if she sees that the hive is active.
It could be a dead out.

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Zelenski

Apr 14, 2021, 2:16:46 PM4/14/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com
We’ve had some warm weather (not currently). If she hasn’t seen any activity, they likely are no longer alive.

Speaking of weather, looks like the cold stretch last fir the entire 10 day forecast. Guess we won’t be making splits too early this year