🔵Long Hive Ep. 2. Three new Inner covers and Inspection! 4-24-21

Tim Aure

Apr 26, 2021, 4:06:59 AM4/26/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com
An example of a long Lang hive https://youtu.be/JxyomWqMzRY

Sent from my iPhone

Mathew Anderson

Apr 26, 2021, 2:52:05 PM4/26/21
to madbees
Those are huge inner covers but I think I like them haha. Mine are only 4-8" wide each (scrap wood I had).

I'm surprised that hive was not more ready to swarm than what he showed. A few cells on that last brood frame he pulled. They were packed left to right and top to bottom. If it wasn't fixin' to swarm, I'd expect it would be ready soon.

Mat Anderson, NBCT
Singer, Teacher, Woodworker

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 3:07 AM Tim Aure <timoth...@gmail.com> wrote:
An example of a long Lang hive https://youtu.be/JxyomWqMzRY

Sent from my iPhone

Greg V

Apr 26, 2021, 3:26:14 PM4/26/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com
All he had to do - cover the frames with some old sheet.

Also, I'd pull the follower board out - the queen does not move too far away from the entrance.
But the bees will fill frames without the follower board better; otherwise, they are kind of "outside".