Offered: Tiny cluster of bees on medium combs

12 views
Skip to first unread message

Jeanne Hansen

unread,
Sep 29, 2026, 12:06:14 PM (6 days ago) Sep 29
to mad...@googlegroups.com
One of my  hives was decimated by robbers, oh, no!
There remains a cluster of bees, about the size of a bowling ball, on the combs.  Amazingly, the Queen is still laying!

Does anyone want this small cluster, to play with? It would be ideal for an observation hive.  

I would give the bees away, in exchange for medium, drawn-out combs.  Or I would sell the bees outright for $5 per frame.  There is capped honey, and a frame of pollen.

Otherwise, I am about to sweep the cluster into soap suds.
Sadly,
JEANNE 
--
Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison,WI

Paul Zelenski

unread,
Sep 29, 2026, 4:34:43 PM (6 days ago) Sep 29
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I've seen clusters the size of a bowling ball make it through winter. It's probably not too late to pamper this one a bit and have a decent chance. 

From: mad...@googlegroups.com <mad...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Jeanne Hansen <jeanneh...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:08 AM
To: mad...@googlegroups.com <mad...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [madbees] Offered: Tiny cluster of bees on medium combs
 
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "madbees" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to madbees+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/madbees/CAJgVapp-_sWw7vbSpqgtZ0A_YR6TyEACYJp%3D5ZU3BOMF%2BJHN2w%40mail.gmail.com.

Jeanne Hansen

unread,
Sep 29, 2026, 7:24:14 PM (6 days ago) Sep 29
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Really? A tiny cluster can survive winter?  If no one wants to take them from me, I will definitely pamper them!
Thanks for your input!
JEANNE

Joey Dunscombe

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 7:15:51 AM (5 days ago) Sep 30
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeanne, I’ll try to give you a call this morning. Maybe I can come by today? Not sure what work looks like right now with the rain but I think rainy days is a good day to move bees right? 

Cheers,
Joey

Jeanne Hansen

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 9:36:27 AM (5 days ago) Sep 30
to mad...@googlegroups.com
You can certainly come by today!  Do phone me, sadly my phone doesn't do text.  
The bees would be delighted to have a new owner!
JEANNE

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages