honey bee problem

Jessica Morey

Jun 25, 2024, 8:41:13 AMJun 25
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I have a huge honey bee problem and need help moving them.

can anyone help?

Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Hansen

Jun 25, 2024, 8:47:00 AMJun 25
to mad...@googlegroups.com, jmor...@gmail.com
Someone from our group can help!  We need to know your location, so a near-by person can respond.  We also need your phone number, and an inkling of the situation.  What kind of problem do you have?
JEANNE

Jeanne Hansen
824 Jacobson Ave
Madison,WI

Scott Johnson

Jun 25, 2024, 9:16:15 AMJun 25
to mad...@googlegroups.com
My first idea of a "huge honeybee" problem... We're gonna need a bigger Bee Vac.
image.png

Jessica Morey

Jun 25, 2024, 3:05:08 PMJun 25
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Somebody from Dane county bee keeper did also respond to me this morning. I'm waiting on a response back.

5714 Bellows circle
madison 52716

honeybee huge swarm yesterday I previously had had routine pest people coming to spray because the last couple years I've had problems with yellow jackets and other kind of bees and what not . they came yesterday and did spray some but then after the fact they go oh these are honeybees. You need to call a beekeeper.

they are going into the soffit on the side of the back of my house three years ago. I had a very small amount of them going up the siding right near the sliding glass door.,

The people that were here had no idea if the queen bee was still alive and obviously all the pheromones that are left think that this is gonna be a long-term problem and I don't know if I need somebody to like get in the attic space between the ceiling and the floor or take siding off I'm just not really sure what I need to do.

not sure if I need to wait until Dane county bee people get back to me or if somebody else wants to come out.

920-427-2204 cell Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 25, 2024, at 8:16 AM, Scott Johnson <sajjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

My first idea of a "huge honeybee" problem... We're gonna need a bigger Bee Vac.
<image.png>

Scott Mckay

Jun 25, 2024, 3:09:27 PMJun 25
to mad...@googlegroups.com, jmor...@gmail.com

Anyword back on this? I have some time this afternoon depending on where it is.

John Thompson

Jun 25, 2024, 3:46:37 PMJun 25
to mad...@googlegroups.com, jmor...@gmail.com
Joe is going to take a look this afternoon

Jessica Morey

Jun 26, 2024, 12:48:04 AMJun 26
to Scott Mckay, mad...@googlegroups.com
Joe came today found them and is moving them to the bee box and coming back to get them tomorrow .🙏

happy they can go make honey at his house and not mine 😅😱

all of my neighbors and the kids thought this was insanely exciting and interesting listening to all the bee stories and learning more about bees.

Thanks Joe!

Jessica

IMG_2073.jpeg

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_5981.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone

Joseph Bessetti

Jun 26, 2024, 10:52:41 AMJun 26
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I'm a little shocked at how quickly the exterminator in this case applied insecticides to a situation that they knew was a swarm of honey bees.

Quite often, exterminators refuse to spray them.  This one was happy to hit them with chemicals and get a nice $210 payday.

Are there any actual laws or ordinances on the books at any level that these exterminators should be following?

Joe

Jun 26, 2024, 11:24:10 AMJun 26
to madbees
I do not believe there are currently any laws on the books at either the federal, state, or local levels to protect pollinators from exterminators.  When it comes to pesticides, you will hear that, "The Label is The Law".  If one of our state bee inspectors is in this forum, I would love for them to weigh in.