Summer meeting hosts

John Thompson

May 9, 2024, 9:13:17 PMMay 9
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Would anyone like to host one of our summer meetings? June thought August, potentially September.
Our July and September meetings will be pushed back one week, and we have a potential July sight.
You don't have to put on any demos unless you want to.

Greg V

May 9, 2024, 10:11:44 PMMay 9
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I responded in FB.

Margaret Krome

May 9, 2024, 10:19:22 PMMay 9
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,
I'm not finding that email.  Would you be willing to copy what you wrote and send it again?

Thx,
mk

--
Margaret Krome
Policy Program Director

Madison Office: (608) 628-2503

The mission of Michael
Fields Agricultural Institute is
 to help
rural and urban farm and agricultural communities in Wisconsin
and beyond be environmentally, economically, and socially healthy.

Greg V

May 9, 2024, 10:28:39 PMMay 9
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Here is the copy/paste:
I will check with my host on Four Winds Farm again for approval.
If OKed, should be able to hold one summer meeting.
Though the summer schedule is tight.
What are our exact dates for June, July, August, and September?

John Thompson

May 9, 2024, 10:33:43 PMMay 9
to mad...@googlegroups.com
June 4th, July 9th, August 6th, September 10th.
We may have a host for July already though.

BETSY TRUE

May 10, 2024, 8:58:16 AMMay 10
to mad...@googlegroups.com
We are willing for June, July or August.

John Thompson

May 22, 2024, 5:16:03 PMMay 22
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Betsy, are you still willing to host for June? Do you have a presentation, or just want to host?

BETSY TRUE

May 22, 2024, 5:35:16 PMMay 22
to mad...@googlegroups.com
No presentation. But am moving my hives over to Ukrainian format. Not much to look at because we’re using lang boxes for this.
June is ok

Greg V

May 22, 2024, 6:19:43 PMMay 22
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I was just talking to the Four Wind Farms too.
They seemed open for June as well.
I have a Ukrainian setup there to flip through as well as the mini nucs.

BETSY TRUE

May 22, 2024, 11:12:59 PMMay 22
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I’m flexible. July is also fine.

Margaret Krome

May 22, 2024, 11:15:11 PMMay 22
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I'm hoping we'll get to the Club apiary for July's meeting.  Since we met at Four Winds Farm last year, I suggest we meet at Betsy's now, the Club apiary in July, and at Four Winds if they're open to hosting us in August.

What do others think?
mk

--
Margaret Krome
Policy Program Director
Michael Fields Agricultural Institute
East Troy, WI
www.michaelfields.org

Madison Office: (608) 628-2503

The mission of Michael
Fields Agricultural Institute is
 to help
rural and urban farm and agricultural communities in Wisconsin
and beyond be environmentally, economically, and socially healthy.

Please note that I am migrating my work emails to mkr...@michaelfields.org.  It will help ensure that communication between us isn't disrupted if you could shift your work-related emails to me to that address.  Thank you!

Paul Zelenski

May 22, 2024, 11:24:52 PMMay 22
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to chime in (late). I apologize for being uninvolved lately, but having more family stuff. I was also going to offer to host a meeting but am doing a farmers market on tue nights, which isn’t ideal.
I do have an oa vape that I was planning to donate for a door prize. Since I’m not sure when I’ll be able to make a mettong, I’d be happy to hand it off to someone to take to a meeting.

Glad to see things are going well and you have the club business under control.

Greg V

May 23, 2024, 2:18:09 PMMay 23
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I am not available in August.
The September days are shorter for live evening demos (though we've done it, but had to rush).

If anyone wants a live demo of a Ukrainian hive on June 4th at Four Winds - we can do it then.
I also have mini-nucs on the site if anyone cares about that subject.

We have the Four Wind's OK to do this.

BETSY TRUE

May 23, 2024, 2:23:52 PMMay 23
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I could also do August.
Not particular.

On May 22, 2024, at 10:13 PM, BETSY TRUE <bt...@wisc.edu> wrote:

 I’m flexible. July is also fine.

Greg V

May 28, 2024, 10:29:48 AMMay 28
to mad...@googlegroups.com
The Four Winds folks are asking if we are coming or not.
If no one is coming, then I need to tell them that.

Let me know (even directly/privately) if coming.
Maybe people would rather see Betsy's projects next week - I don't know that.

If I get no affirmative feedback, I will assume we are off and will pass on the same to Four Winds.
It is only fair to them.

BETSY TRUE

May 28, 2024, 11:47:08 AMMay 28
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I’m planning on attending wherever.

Could John please call it?

John Thompson

May 28, 2024, 11:59:37 AMMay 28
to mad...@googlegroups.com

Stand by...

John Thompson

May 28, 2024, 7:24:42 PMMay 28
to mad...@googlegroups.com

Hi all, the decision has been made to hold the June meeting at Betsy and Danny's place.
In case of bad weather, we will meet at the library, and that decision will be made by 5 at the latest the day of.

John Thompson

May 28, 2024, 7:57:05 PMMay 28
to mad...@googlegroups.com

Betsy, can you send me your address for the meeting?

Greg V

May 28, 2024, 9:35:59 PMMay 28
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough.
Thanks for clarification.

Joey Dunscombe

May 29, 2024, 7:44:36 AMMay 29
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Ah bummer. I was looking forward to hosting y’all again this year. Maybe we can get  on the calendar for a future meeting? It’s seems like you kinda fly by the seats of your pants on this kinda stuff, which can work also, but scheduling farther in advance is usually better for most people. In general, not just bee club meetings :)

Best,
Joey

Joshua Schmidt

May 29, 2024, 9:56:00 PMMay 29
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Joey,

I think this is great feedback and I know we truly appreciate it. I think as we move forward getting volunteers for our summer meeting would be a great thing to do in the winter so we can get ahead of it rather than wait until the business of the spring/summer. One thing that we have improved on this year is getting the dates settled and changed with the default location being the library.

I do wonder if you wanted to host this year yet, if we could offer an additional meeting on a weekend during the midday but that is something we can talk off-list with the steering committee with if you are interested?

I know we would also welcome anyone to help plan future meetings and or obtain door prizes. If you are interested in helping with that, please let me or our president/vice president know.

--
Joshua M. Schmidt

Joey Dunscombe

May 30, 2024, 8:31:52 PMMay 30
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I would love to host in the future. Weekends can be iffy because we are an event venue, this is a why I can get Tuesday nights for no charge. Nothing really going on on a Tuesday night. But if it’s a weekend that the space is empty I’m sure I can convince the boss to let us use it.  Any dates pop up in anybody’s minds? I can check the calendar and see what’s up.
Cheers, Joey

John Thompson

May 30, 2024, 9:11:08 PMMay 30
to mad...@googlegroups.com

Our July meeting is pushed back 1 week cause the normal date is 4th of July week. August is still first Tuesday, as is September.
We do need to decide what the topics will be though.

oliver...@gmail.com

May 31, 2024, 12:00:06 PMMay 31
to madbees
I am looking forward to the on-site meetings. Thank you to all the volunteer hosts. Thank you Joey for offering to host again - last year was a lot of fun!
Just to clarify: September date is September 3 (John says first Tuesday)  and not September 10 (Margaret's message)?!
Cheers, Oliver.

Joseph Bessetti

May 31, 2024, 1:38:15 PMMay 31
to mad...@googlegroups.com
We've discussed, and I'm planning for the July meeting to be at the club apiary.

Joe

May 31, 2024, 2:06:34 PMMay 31
to mad...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for confirming. That leaves August and maybe September (big if)

BETSY TRUE

Jun 7, 2024, 9:32:29 AMJun 7
to mad...@googlegroups.com
I invited all who were hoping to see my apiary to a visit this Saturday but rain makes this an unlikely prospect. The forecast for Sunday is looking good so am making this Sunday at 1 pm the new time.

I plan to open the hives to show the frames and progress of these Ukrainian conversions from langstroth format. I’m using langstroth boxes but modified.

Plan to wear protective gear.
All welcome.

4785 Toepfer Road Middleton