Summer mite treatments

Connie Clemens

Jun 23, 2021, 11:21:24 PM6/23/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just curious, if anyone has treated for mites this early and in fall? If so what do you use with honey supers on?

Laurie and I checked the bottom board and found four + per hive.

Kind Regards,
Connie Statz

Kyle Curran

Jun 24, 2021, 9:43:39 AM6/24/21
to mad...@googlegroups.com
Yes treating with full dose (2 strips) Formic Pro currently while honey supers are on. Perfect temperature right now as its less than 90F daytime high. Screened bottoms are closed off and entrances are fully open while the treatment is on.

Carrie Williams

Jun 24, 2021, 10:38:01 AM6/24/21
to madbees Dane County Beeks
Connie, actually test your bees to see what your mite count is. There’s always going to be some mites on the bottom board. I can help you do an alcohol wash if you like.
Carrie