Re: Dane County Beekeepers Association Swarm Alert "Bees swarming in tree"

John Thompson

Jul 17, 2024, 6:05:51 AM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to Tina Petko, mad...@googlegroups.com
Since Tina didn't reply all, here is the location if you want to see if the bees are still there.

Sorry, if you mean where do I live as 'general location',  I live on the corner of Goodland & Davis in Sun Prairie and the tree is located next to my driveway and about 6 ft from the sidewalk.  They look like 'happy bees' as my neighbor said as long as the lawn mower isn't running near them.  They don't look like wasps or bumble bees.  I see the Bumbles by my garden all the time.  Just not understanding why all of a sudden they showed up and how I can safely get them rehomed somewhere.

Tina Petko

StampinUp Demonstrator

On Wed, Jul 17, 2024, 5:03 AM John Thompson <johntho...@gmail.com> wrote:
A large cluster of bees hanging out in a tree, under a  street sign, etc, is usually a honey bee swarm, and are generally harmless. Someone may come by and check it out if they are still there.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024, 10:04 PM Tina Petko <t1sw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Sorry, if you mean where do I live as 'general location',  I live on the corner of Goodland & Davis in Sun Prairie and the tree is located next to my driveway and about 6 ft from the sidewalk.  They look like 'happy bees' as my neighbor said as long as the lawn mower isn't running near them.  They don't look like wasps or bumble bees.  I see the Bumbles by my garden all the time.  Just not understanding why all of a sudden they showed up and how I can safely get them rehomed somewhere.

Tina Petko

StampinUp Demonstrator

Live well & Laugh often!

On Tuesday, July 16, 2024 at 07:40:56 PM CDT, John Thompson <johntho...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you give a general location?

From: Tina t1sw...@yahoo.com
Phone: 608 834 0221
Subject: Swarm Notification - Bees swarming in tree

Message Body:
When cutting grass on Friday, noticed Bees going in & out of a mature tree. Each time the mower neared the tree, they became more agitated. Don't want to exterminate, but not sure how to get them to go somewhere else. Have a garden & raspberry bushes on the other end of the property, so not sure why they are in this tree. Help!

--
This e-mail was sent from a contact form on Dane County Beekeepers Association (https://www.danecountybeekeepers.org)

Joshua Schmidt

Jul 17, 2024, 8:24:20 AM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to mad...@googlegroups.com, Tina Petko
I can stop by this morning to look and assess before going to work.

Joshua M. Schmidt

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "madbees" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/madbees/CALTujN-zftejYkep_8BpMDiW3iGk9ihgqkd2T_z56uy4X5firg%40mail.gmail.com.

Joshua Schmidt

Jul 17, 2024, 8:41:32 AM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to mad...@googlegroups.com, Tina Petko
Good morning,

Trying again as my last message was too large.

Can confirm they are honeybees. They are at human height going in and out of a small hole. They will require a trap out.

Joshua Schmidt

Jul 18, 2024, 8:58:06 AM (4 days ago) Jul 18
to Tina Petko, mad...@googlegroups.com
See message from Tina.
Thanks for confirming they are honey bees.  What is a trap out and is that something you do or do I have to get someone else to do?

Some people in our club are willing to do a trap out but it is time consuming so sometimes people charge for that service. We are an organization of individuals and don't officially endorse anyone to do any particular job.

I hope someone is willing help as this is in a very accessible location. If you reply to Tina, please let us know.

Joshua M. Schmidt

Resending to all: