Help with prolapse?

Dan Tyler

Jun 18, 2021, 7:49:53 PM6/18/21
to mad-city...@googlegroups.com
Hi fellow chicken-keepers,

I'm dealing with my first occurrence of prolapse in one of my hens. Does anyone have experience they can share with me to help our sweet girl?

I was able to clean the area and get the prolapse reinserted, but it won't stay in. If anyone has more advanced technique they can share, I'd sure appreciate it. This is a 3-year-old barred rock hen (if it makes a difference).

Thank you!
Dan

Nola R C

Jun 19, 2021, 9:47:12 AM6/19/21
to mad-city...@googlegroups.com
I have a friend whose hen had this. She had to get a vet involved to make a stitch to keep it shut, and she had to check daily to make sure an egg wasn't coming. I'd see a vet

Nola