Looking for coop

Courtney Konieczko

Dec 10, 2021, 1:19:55 PM12/10/21
to Mad City Chicken Chat
Hi all,

Does anyone have leads on a good coop? We are just starting into the hobby and would like something that will work for us but won't break the bank either. My main use for them will be for compost generation - breaking down food scraps more quickly into useable material. I have an idea to incorporate a compost bin system into the coop, so any used coop I get would eventually be modified. It would have a small door at the top to be able to put scraps in, then would have a main door to be able to be able to scoop up and turn compost.

Do you think Red Rooster Coops would be a good place to start? They could build me what I need, but I have no idea of my options.

I am hoping to have 4 bantams, so a small coop space-wise would be fine.

Thanks,

Courtney

Mary Powell

Dec 10, 2021, 4:41:38 PM12/10/21
to mad-city...@googlegroups.com
Hi Courtney--

I don't have a coop anymore, but I do have new/used for only 2 weeks --heated 2 gallon poultry drinker if you're interested.
$45 OBO.  I'm on near West Madison.

Good luck!
Mary