VO stop reading Microsoft Word

Lucas Gil Nadolskis

Sep 20, 2022, 11:00:43 AMSep 20
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
Hey all.
Just got an interesting issue on my Mac.
VO just decided to not read the letters while I am typing in word.
I can read what I type, but the echo when typing is just not there.

This issue happens only in word, but in any document.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

Lucas Nadolskis.

Herbie Allen

Sep 20, 2022, 11:54:27 AMSep 20
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
Word is finicky with Mac. I prefer to use pages when possible.
> --
> The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>
> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at cara...@caraquinn.com

> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisi...@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/ED0D96DB-721F-42D5-93D1-8218C9118E46%40cmu.edu.

Jason White

Sep 20, 2022, 3:37:43 PMSep 20
to 'Andrew Lamanche' via MacVisionaries

> On Sep 20, 2022, at 11:00, Lucas Gil Nadolskis <nado...@cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> Just got an interesting issue on my Mac.
> VO just decided to not read the letters while I am typing in word.
> I can read what I type, but the echo when typing is just not there.
It’s probably a bug. Find out what was updated most recently (Microsoft Office or Mac OS). Whichever it is, it probably bears responsibility, and I would suggest reporting it to the appropriate vendor.

Lucas Gil Nadolskis

Sep 20, 2022, 11:16:18 PMSep 20
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
I agree with both of you that pages would be better.
In fact, I have mostly used either pages, text edit or LaTeX.

However, for this specific project I need to use word since it is a group collaboration.

I don’t think it is a bug. I have two computers with the exactly configuration and software versions, in one I have the issue, in the other everything is fine.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

Lucas Nadolskis.