Preview in Mail in IOS 16?

Donna Goodin

Sep 15, 2022, 10:12:49 PMSep 15
to via MacVisionaries
Hi again, all,

When I go into the mail app, the first unread message is displayed in some kind of preview pane with a context menu (I can’t read it, because the preview seems to be an image.). Once I close the context menu, the other messages display normally. How do I get rid of that menu? I checked under Mail in Settings, and Preview is set to None.
TIA,
Donna

Jonathan Cohn

Sep 16, 2022, 4:29:12 PMSep 16
to 'Donna Goodin' via MacVisionaries
Hello,
If I long press a e-mail message then I get this preview otherwise I don't.
The preview seems pretty worthless for blind users.
Oh, and by long press I mean double tab and hold. A two finger scrub removes the preview.
Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn

--
The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at cara...@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisi...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/9B2274B5-75DF-4CED-A403-DF84B719FCCA%40me.com.

Donna Goodin

Sep 16, 2022, 4:34:27 PMSep 16
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

It does seem worthless for blind users, which is why I’d like it to go away.  I get it every time I open Mail.
Cheers,
Donna