iPhone se22

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Lorie McCloud

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 8:20:21 PMSep 10
to via MacVisionaries
Does the iPhone se22 have a faster processor than the iPhonese20? are there other significant differences?

thanks.
Lorie

Jason White

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 8:30:01 PMSep 10
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com

On 10/9/22 20:20, Lorie McCloud wrote:
> Does the iPhone se22 have a faster processor than the iPhonese20? are there other significant differences?

Yes, it has a newer processor. Note also that the 2022 edition can
reportedly be upgraded to iOS 16, whereas the 2020 version cannot.

There are other differences. See
https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/03/08/compared-new-2022-iphone-se-vs-2020-iphone-se


Danny

unread,
Sep 10, 2022, 8:48:55 PMSep 10
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
hello,

It's my understanding that the SE 2020 will work perfectly fine it's the original SE that does not work with iOS 16.

> On Sep 10, 2022, at 5:30 PM, 'Jason White' via MacVisionaries <macvisi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> 
> --
> The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>
> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at cara...@caraquinn.com
>
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisi...@googlegroups.com/
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionarie...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/828b75e0-d4ca-085b-f7da-f7a0141c3d7f%40jasonjgw.net.

Bradford Snyder

unread,
Sep 11, 2022, 11:00:40 AMSep 11
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe this is true.
iOS 16 should run on iPhone 8, and newer.
iPhone SE 2020 has the same processor as the iPhone 11 series, which supports iOS 16.

- Brad -

Jason White

unread,
Sep 11, 2022, 12:03:50 PMSep 11
to 'Andrew Lamanche' via MacVisionaries


On Sep 11, 2022, at 11:00, Bradford Snyder <wb...@swbell.net> wrote:

I don't believe this is true.
iOS 16 should run on iPhone 8, and newer.
iPhone SE 2020 has the same processor as the iPhone 11 series, which supports iOS 16.

Janina Sajka

unread,
Sep 21, 2022, 4:23:47 AMSep 21
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
The 2022 iPhone SE is available now from t-mobile.com at significant price
discounts, up to 50% off when financed at 0% interest over 24 months,
according to T-Mo.

Mine is arriving this afternoon with a total savings of $215 off the
list price, according to my invoice.
> --
> The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>
> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at cara...@caraquinn.com
>
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisi...@googlegroups.com/
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionarie...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/828b75e0-d4ca-085b-f7da-f7a0141c3d7f%40jasonjgw.net.

--

Janina Sajka (she/her/hers)
Accessibility Consultant https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures http://www.w3.org/wai/apa

Linux Foundation Fellow
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/board-of-directors-2/

Scott Davert

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 10:38:38 AMSep 23
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
I upgraded from an SE 2 to an SE 3 and have no regrets. The battery
life has improved and the internals are much more reliable. I wrote
the following review after having the SE 2022 for a week or so. My
observations haven't really changed.
https://www.applevis.com/blog/iphone-se-3-more-practical-phone-some-use-cases

On 9/21/22, 'Janina Sajka' via MacVisionaries
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/YyrKEIGOiCT9bhVy%40rednote.net.
>

Devin Prater

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 11:34:33 AMSep 23
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I got the SE 2 from a state program just a day ago. I'm kinda glad to hear the battery isn't *too* much better on the 3. Overall, the 2 is plenty fast enough for me.


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages