Mac Keeps Crashing

Faith Girvan

Sep 24, 2022, 6:54:00 PMSep 24
to MacVisionaries
Hello everyone.
I am currently using the windows side of my mac because it seems whenever I'm on my mac side, even if I only slightly overload it, it crashes and restarts. What should I do about this? Please let me know.
Thank you.
Faith

Herbie Allen

Sep 24, 2022, 7:48:25 PMSep 24
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
There can be a number of factors from hard drive space to Mac model etc. First, do you have Bootcamp and the Mac side evenly partitioned? Have you gone through the Mac side and cleaned out files you don’t need? Have you ran any clean up programs like Onyx or Malware Bytes? Also, there is the dreaded Re-format. So many things to consider, and the older the Mac, the more problems you could have.

--
The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at cara...@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisi...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/965fcddb-00cc-4420-8abd-c4c73f1bd686n%40googlegroups.com.

Faith Girvan

Sep 24, 2022, 7:52:41 PMSep 24
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
It’s strange because I’ve only noticed it happening recently.
No, the drive isn’t evenly partitioned, because I didn’t need so much space on my window side.
Where do you get the programs you mentioned? I think I’ve used onyx before, but the other one I have not. I really hope I don’t have to reformat, but as soon as I am back on my Mac side, I can tell you the model.
It seems to happens a lot when I use video on the Internet from what I can tell, but I do thank you for your suggestions.
On Sep 24, 2022, at 7:48 PM, Herbie Allen <herbie...@gmail.com> wrote:

There can be a number of factors from hard drive space to Mac model etc. First, do you have Bootcamp and the Mac side evenly partitioned? Have you gone through the Mac side and cleaned out files you don’t need? Have you ran any clean up programs like Onyx or Malware Bytes? Also, there is the dreaded Re-format. So many things to consider, and the older the Mac, the more problems you could have.

Herbie Allen

Sep 24, 2022, 10:09:40 PMSep 24
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com

Terje Strømberg

Sep 26, 2022, 10:17:43 AMSep 26
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
You can also try clean install of the whole mac osx. Chose new installation. This means you have to install every third party app and maybe some mac apps from start again. Search the google for guide or get someone to do it.

Don't remeber the name of the app that clean up mac's. Do not reinstall just clean up fixes some issues. Clean up my mac or something simular is the name.

Take care

Dan Eickmeier

Sep 26, 2022, 3:20:15 PMSep 26
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faith, I have a few things that  may help you here  to determine which process is causing the Mac to reboot and crash like this.   You could  go  into the console app, and have  a look at recent messages in the console log.  That may give you some idea as to which app is causing this.  The console app is in your utilities folder.  Secondly, looking at crash logs may help as well.  These are located at the root of your hard drive, Library, Logs, crash logs.  What I like to do as well, is set up a clean user account, you could just call it test, to troubleshoot whether this crashing is a user account specific issue.  .  Hope this helps.