Question about pages and numbers on the Mac.

Michael Irons

Sep 17, 2022, 2:38:34 PMSep 17
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, this is Mike from Oklahoma.
I have a question about pages and numbers on the Mac. I have a MacBook Air 11 that I inherited from my sister. I am trying to get pages and numbers onto the Mac. How do I know that I am getting the same application for pages and numbers on the Mac that I can work with and have the files from those programs come out or I can work with them on the Mac and then bring them up on my phone to look at later? I know that I may sound rather confused but when I try and look for pages in the macOS App Store I get a number of different things that come up for pages and I’m just not sure which one do you actually get.

Sent from my iPhone

Jonathan Cohn

Sep 17, 2022, 3:41:12 PMSep 17
to 'Donna Goodin' via MacVisionaries
If you search forApple Pages it should be the first item to come up. Just make sure that it is free, and that the developer is Apple.

Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn

--
The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at cara...@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisi...@googlegroups.com/
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/637F0CDA-B362-4461-AF7A-69C8B549C5E7%40gmail.com.

Bradford Snyder

Sep 17, 2022, 5:47:22 PMSep 17
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
It is possible that this particular Mac is too old to be eligible to download & install Pages and Numbers for free.
Prior to 2013, Apple charged $10 per application for these apps.  On Macs purchase new (or refurbished) after this point, these apps were available free of charge.  I could be incorrect on the date being 2013.  It is possible that the apps became free beginning with Macs purchased in 2014.

- Brad -

Michael Irons

Sep 17, 2022, 6:38:11 PMSep 17
to macvisi...@googlegroups.com
I have checked my MacBook, and, the date on it is early 2015. It took the update for Monterey. When I have it in the OS Max door it seems to want to let me download Pages for free.

Sent from my iPhone