Error with bdg2bw.

Anupriya Verma

Mar 9, 2016, 2:40:24 PM3/9/16
to MACS announcement
Hello,

I am using bdg2bw for conversion of my bedGraph files to bigwig format.

I ran this script : bdg2bw breast_cancer_histone_modification_SRR2044723_treat_pileup.bdg hg38.chrom.sizes.

And got following error:
Expecting number got -1 line 1 of stdin
needLargeMem: trying to allocate 0 bytes (limit: 100000000000)

However, if I run bedtools slop, I get such file:

20      0       -1      1.53917
20      55978   -1      1.54380
20      55997   -1      1.56040
20      56001   -1      1.57700
20      56010   -1      1.61020
20      56012   -1      1.62680
20      56019   -1      1.64340
20      56020   -1      1.66000
20      56021   -1      1.67660
20      56023   -1      1.69320

But when I run bedClip after this, it's throwing error: Expecting number got -1 line 1 of output_file_from_bedtoolslop.

How to solve this problem??

Thanks in advance.

Tao Liu

Mar 9, 2016, 2:57:31 PM3/9/16
to macs-ann...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anupriya,

My guess is that the chromosome names in bdg file are like ‘1, 2, 3…’ but the names in 'hg38.chrom.sizes' are ‘chr1, chr2, chr3, …’.

Best,
Tao