Difference b/w version 2.1.0.20150731 and version 2.1.1.20160309

Aarthi Mohan

May 16, 2016, 8:19:47 AM5/16/16
to MACS announcement
Hi,

I recently updated MACS2 using 'pip', and re-run the peak calling. I found that the broad peak call numbers have increased so much. How is this?

I have used the same parameters in both the run, but still get different peak numbers. There is also a change in the number of narrow peaks, but not this dramatic.  I use BAMPE, since  my data is paired-end.

# broad peaks b/w the two version:
              v2.1.0  v2.1.1
Sample1 914   2250
Sampe2  5   3860

What is the difference in the broad peak calling between the two versions?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Aarthi

Moshe Olshansky

Jun 2, 2016, 4:00:04 AM6/2/16
to MACS announcement
Hi Aarthi,

How did you get your data into BEDPE format?
Please keep in mind that BEDPE format used by MACS2 is NO the "standard" BEDPE format like in bedTools (which has 9 fields).

Best regards,
Moshe.

Aarthi Mohan

Jun 18, 2016, 2:07:36 AM6/18/16
to MACS announcement
Hi Moshe,

I am using BAMPE, and still see a huge difference in broad peak call numbers between the versions.

I have used BEDPE too once. I used bedtools to convert BAM to BED, and use columns 1,2, and 6 from it to create the expected BEDPE file.

Thanks,
Aarthi