How can I customize the skin of my AIR app

1 view

avi10000

Apr 2, 2009, 1:27:18 PM4/2/09
Hi all,

I have created an AIR app from my RH7 WebHelp.
Works and look quite nice. Great. It's just that it did not use the WebHelp
skin I created. It uses some default skin.

How can I customize the skin of my AIR app? When I run the RH Packager for
Adobe AIR, I get a dlg box come up, called, "General Options - RoboHelp
Packager for Adobe AIR" and it offers me a few default skins, but it does not
offer me the skin I made for WebHelp.

TIA
avi

Captiv8r

Apr 2, 2009, 1:50:16 PM4/2/09
Hi Avi

Yep, that's what you get with AIR output. You have to live with the skins the
AIR layout provides. I suppose if you are a FLEX developer you might be able to
change the skins. But it is what it is.

You might consider submitting a Wish Form to ask the development team to allow
us more flexibility with AIR skins. Or to even create a way for the AIR app to
use elements of the WebHelp skins.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Cheers... Rick :smile;

avi10000

Apr 2, 2009, 2:16:19 PM4/2/09
>> I suppose if you are a FLEX developer you might be able to change the skins.

Does FLEX really allow you to do this?
Sure?

- avi

Captiv8r

Apr 2, 2009, 2:20:01 PM4/2/09
Hi Avi

I can guarantee that as much as I can guarantee you will be able to safely
cross the street later today.

I did say "I suppose" and "you might". FLEX development is far beyond my realm
at the moment.

Cheers... Rick :smile;

avi10000

Apr 2, 2009, 5:56:50 PM4/2/09