Zoom search highlight in topics

Help_searcher

Mar 30, 2009, 5:20:40 AM3/30/09
I have now got Zoom search working well with RoboHelp 7, however, when I try
and implement the highlight.js code to provide highlighting in search results
this causes a problem with the DHTML drop-downs.

I tried both the onload and outside body method of calling the highlight
function, but both of these caused problems. In the generated webhelp, when you
open a topic from the TOC the drop-downs work fine. However, if you open the
same topic as a Zoom search result, then the drop-downs will not expand. I
tried several ways to implement this and they all had the same problem. I
assume that there's some issue with the RH drop-down JavaScript and the Zoom
highlight JavaScript.

Has anyone found a way round this?

Peter Grainge

Mar 30, 2009, 5:33:27 PM3/30/09
The highlighting is not something I have used. Why not contact Wrensoft to ask
them if they have had other reports of this from RoboHelp users? David Wren is
very helpful on things like this and is aware they have a RoboHelp user base.

Help_searcher

Mar 30, 2009, 5:40:44 PM3/30/09
Thanks for the suggestion. It's hard to know which issues to raise in which forum! I thought that someone else had probably encountered this already.

Captiv8r

Mar 31, 2009, 12:48:23 AM3/31/09
Hi there Help_searcher

When I read your response to Peter's suggestion I sense that perhaps you felt
Peter was somehow admonishing you for posting the issue here. I'd just like to
say that I'm very doubtful that he was doing that at all. He was only trying to
help you. :wink;

If you are concerned about which forum to use (Wrensoft or Adobe) then just
post to both forums and see where you get an answer first. No harm in that.

As for any concerns about which Adobe forum category to post in, unless you
have a really odd issue, it won't make much of a difference as most of us here
watch all forum categories and will reply if we are able.

Cheers... Rick :smile;

Help_searcher

Mar 31, 2009, 2:25:00 AM3/31/09
I didn't mean it to come across that way. Peter's right, Wrensoft have been
very helpful and do respond quickly to messages. Indeed, having taken Peter's
suggestion late last night I've got up this morning to find a reply from Ray
already (not sure that my JavaScript is up to working out what the conflicts
are, but will have a look when I get to work).

Thanks to you both for replying, it makes a real difference to know that
people are prepared to try and help when you're battling against the software.