Hyperlinking in RH8

Mark Pud

Mar 27, 2009, 7:02:13 AM3/27/09
Hi all,

I've noticed in RH8 that when i want to create a hyperlink to another topic,
in the Hyperlink properties window, the topic list shows the file names, rather
than showing the Topic Names (RH7 behaviour).

I'd like to change this back, as it's more logical to look for a topic by it's
name rather than by its filename..

And when using the little "Find Topic" icon, the "by title" option was ticked
by default in RH7, but I have to manually tick this each time in RH8, which is
getting irritating too! I dont want to put have to put underscores in my search
text to match the filenames!!!

Don't suppose there is any option to revert this behaviour back to the RH7
way??

Captiv8r

Mar 28, 2009, 10:35:04 AM3/28/09
Hi Mark

So it would appear RoboHelp 8 is handling things slightly differently than 7
did.

Here's how to change it so your Hyperlink dialog lists Topic Titles and not
File Names.

Click somewhere inside the Project Manager pod so it gains focus and the Pod's
Title Bar turns orange.

Now click View > By Topic Title.

Cheers... Rick :smile;

Mark Pud