Constantly have to reinstall latest flash player

maginstruments

Mar 18, 2009, 1:02:50 PM3/18/09
I have a pain-in-the-ass-problem!
I'm running the latest Internet Explorer (IE8) and the latest flash player (on
a Vista(32) platform).
Everytime my computer has been turned off, I have to reinstall flash player
eventhough it's activated, enabled, run as administrator and everything else
that normally may cause it not to function.
Not only do I have to reinstall FP, but I also have to uninstall it first
before reinstall!!

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

teresa...@windstream.net

Mar 19, 2009, 12:53:08 PM3/19/09
On Mar 18, 1:02 pm, "maginstruments" <webforumsu...@macromedia.com>
wrote:

I had the same exact problem, and it was pissing me off.. Even though
it was installed on my computer, i had to un-install, then re-
install.. too much bullshit.. BUT, heres what i had to do.. It was
alot of work, but my computer runs beautifully now. First, back up all
important files.. pictures, yada yada yada.. Then, you have to start
from scratch. You have to completely re-install windows, the whole
works. Update EVERYTHING from windows. It will take awhile, but make
sure you get all the updates. My problem was that i was getting the
update for VISTA SP1, but halfway through the installation, it would
stop. Once i re-installed windows, and did all the updates for it,
Adobe works without a hitch. BUT!!!! If you are running google
desktop, un-install it. They conflict with eachother, you will still
be able to run adobe, and google desktop, but you get an annoying pop
up error message everytime you run something with flash. Hope this
helps, if you have any more questions, ask, maybe i can help with that
too..

BrokeBrain

Mar 20, 2009, 10:15:37 AM3/20/09
I have this exact same problem here.

Maybe someone here can help us out.

txorgandonor

Mar 20, 2009, 10:34:12 AM3/20/09
I am also having this problem. It is driving me crazy. I have tried everything maginstruments has listed, but nothing works. I am adding my name to the list.
HELP!

BrokeBrain

Mar 22, 2009, 9:37:32 AM3/22/09
Is there anyone that can help us with this problem?????

BrokeBrain

Mar 24, 2009, 8:48:26 AM3/24/09
HELP ???????????????

cowlvy

Mar 24, 2009, 9:45:59 AM3/24/09
I cannot get flash player 10 to install, it says it is installed, but then
doesn't work, I went to Adobe site and tried to download Flash Player 9 and
there is a charge, and I thought I would go ahead and sign up for the 1 year at
under $3 and it tries to charge almost $30. Everything worked fine last week
and all of a sudden my Flash Player doesnt work. I am running on Windows
Vista. Any help out there?

BrokeBrain

Mar 24, 2009, 8:16:48 PM3/24/09
I have to use the Adobe uninstall tool first then install the flash player and
it will work just fine.

As soon as I restart the computer I no longer have the Flash Player working
with IE 8 and have to go through this whole mess again time after time.

There is no one here on this forum that has a clue how to fix this problem
flash so we are SOL.

Keep the good old Firefox running for now.

tim120hawkins

Mar 27, 2009, 8:47:25 PM3/27/09
Does anyone from Adobe moniter these foums? Looking through the list of topics
I seem to get the same problem. users have adobe installed, up to date & keep
getting messages saying they need to download the latest version of flash
player. I have this problem on my xp machine. tried uninstalling, reinstalling,
resetting intenet options and still have the problem. can someone address this?

tim120hawkins

Mar 28, 2009, 9:30:08 AM3/28/09
I used the uninstaller then reinstalled. so far seemed to help. here's the
article I found which helped.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=945195&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&
sid=458f9256c09288e8175dbc821ddd34e2

BrokeBrain

Mar 28, 2009, 10:38:29 AM3/28/09
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]tim120hawkins[/b][/b][/i]

I used the uninstaller then reinstalled. so far seemed to help. here's the
article I found which helped.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=945195&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&
sid=458f9256c09288e8175dbc821ddd34e2[/q]

I use the uninstaller also but after restarting my computer the flash player
is no longer installed anymore.
I'm just using Firefox and Chrome until I can get this working on IE 8.

BrokeBrain

Mar 29, 2009, 11:33:34 AM3/29/09
I have Vista Home Premium and the latest release of IE 8.

tim120hawkins

Mar 29, 2009, 1:05:06 PM3/29/09
Goto IE tools->Internet Options click on the "Programs" tab click Manage
add-ons button. In the drop down menu ( middle left side) select "All add-ons"
scroll down and find Shock wave flash object and make sure it is enabled. I'll
do some research and see what I can come up with. Let me know

BrokeBrain

Mar 29, 2009, 2:14:19 PM3/29/09
Yes, it's enabled yot it's not working.

Thanks.

tim120hawkins

Mar 29, 2009, 3:44:30 PM3/29/09
Found another "flash forum" check out the post by Roderick on Jun. 25, 2008.
Might work for you. Let me know.

http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forum/Setup-Problems/5662/Why-doesn-t-the-f
lash-player-work-

BrokeBrain

Mar 29, 2009, 6:35:15 PM3/29/09
Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Looks complicated.

BrokeBrain

Mar 30, 2009, 4:22:34 PM3/30/09
OK, Went through that whole mess and I still have the same problem with IE 8.

I did not have this problem with Flash Player Version 10.0.12.36 and IE 8

Anyway to go back to this version?

i3g...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2013, 7:55:34 AM4/23/13
<h1>fff</h1>