Cannot find Macromedia Flash

himlovemetalromance

Jul 20, 2006, 10:45:12 AM7/20/06
I installed Flash 9 yesterday, and it says on the site and everything that I
installed it successfully, but now every once in a while on my computer an
error will pop up that says "Cannot find Macromedia Flash" but my computer says
I have it! Can someone help me? :sad;

TeriyakiBoyJC

Jul 22, 2006, 2:03:11 AM7/22/06
I'm getting the same annoying pop-up: "Could not find the macromedia flash." How frustrating!!!

mfr751

Jul 22, 2006, 4:05:02 PM7/22/06
I installed Flash 10 yesterday, and I get this pop-up. Interestingly
enough, I don't even have to hit "OK". I just move to another window,
and it goes away on it's own. I checked things running in the
background, but have no clue what is causing this.

odella10

Jul 24, 2006, 12:22:08 AM7/24/06
I have the Safari browser and I'm also receiving the message that the plug-in
doesn't exist. Though I checked and I do have them installed. I can't browser
almost any webpage with Flash Content. I have tried all the steps in the
support page but still doesn't work.

Joseph.Max...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2006, 11:09:15 PM7/27/06
I also had the problem. My theory is that its from custom screensavers
that are used by older versions of flash. I noticed that my screensaver
didnt work, and that the popup came up every time the screensaver ought
to.

gary stanley

Sep 25, 2006, 9:15:24 PM9/25/06
The screensaver is exactly what the problem is. I had thought of it before. But its definitely related to the older screensavers not finding the correct version.

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_7_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macromedia-Flash.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com

Nihilist

Dec 19, 2006, 3:33:32 AM12/19/06
I got a notification of an update available for Macromedia Flash and I installed it. After that I start getting the message. I don't think it has something to do with the screensaver. I think the message is generated whenever the event that triggers the screensaver occurs. In other words, something is executing whenever you leave your computer idle for a while.

TomC

Dec 21, 2006, 10:33:32 PM12/21/06
I started having the same problem shortly after upgrading Flash. I have a third party screen saver that would no longer work and caused the error message. I reloaded the screen saver, error message went away and the screen saver worked again.

Simon

May 11, 2007, 2:11:07 PM5/11/07
Thanks to everybody on Developmentnow. I've been going slowly mad with the 'Macromedia Not Found' dialog. Re-installed custom screen saver; problem fixed!

si...@silvertrees.wanadoo.co.uk

May 12, 2007, 4:11:11 AM5/12/07
On 11 May, 19:11, Simon<nos...@developmentnow.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everybody on Developmentnow. I've been going slowly mad with the 'MacromediaNot Found' dialog. Re-installed custom screen saver; problem fixed!
>
> Fromhttp://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_7_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macr...

Thanks for this - "Cannot find the macromedia flash" message was
really getting annoying, changed screensaver and it looks like the
problem is solved!

very sad

Dec 4, 2009, 6:42:22 PM12/4/09
I am facing this error message on two seperate laptops; specifically screen saver not working after installing arcobat ver 9.0. Removing screen saver stops the error pop-up but not sure if it is the solution. :(

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_7_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macromedia-Flash.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com/g/

Arwilli

Apr 9, 2010, 2:15:49 PM4/9/10
FINALLY, a fix that works for this annoying problem! Ironically it was my "Tiger Woods" screensaver.

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2009_12_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macromedia-Flash.htm