How to create a pop-up window for flash FLV file

m...@myplace.com

Dec 28, 2009, 6:22:35 PM12/28/09
I am wanting to have it so that on my web page when I click on a FLV
file, a seperate window opens up then the flash player will stream the
video.

I use Dreamweaver and I now there is the ability to use that to open a
static box right on your web page ala You-Tube style (click on the
play button) but that isn't want I want to do.

My intro page is clean and neat. I don't want 400x320 blank boxes all
over the web page waiting to be clicked on just sitting there taking
up space. I just want a simple CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO link then a
streaming FLV player pops up and plays the video. When you click
close, it goes back to the web page on top.

I've seen web pages where when you click on the PHOTO GALLERY, the web
page dims and goes grey or dark then the slide show starts palying on
top. When you choose X or quit, the slide show player quits and the
web page goes back to normal color and is prevelant again.

Can this be done with a FLV video file? I really don't want those
stupid "do nothing" boxes taking up space on a clean intro web page.

Message has been deleted

Rick Lell

Jun 22, 2012, 4:56:37 PM6/22/12
I am trying to do the same thing with .flv video tutorials....also working in Dreamweaver....does anyone have an answer to this issue? Thanks in advance.

Rick Lell

Jun 22, 2012, 4:55:11 PM6/22/12