TTF asm

Ranko Tomic

Dec 22, 2000, 7:19:18 AM12/22/00
Does anybody have any experience with Microsoft's TTF assembler/disassembler programs? They can be downloaded from their typographic site for free, but I could not disassemble any font. Could somebody help me?

Please!

Ranko

Gary Nunn

Dec 23, 2000, 2:37:41 AM12/23/00
I'm sure you'll need to
contact Microsoft to
get tech support for
Microsoft software.

Gary

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ranko Tomic

Dec 24, 2000, 10:59:40 AM12/24/00
Gary Nunn wrote:

> I'm sure you'll need to
> contact Microsoft to
> get tech support for
> Microsoft software.
>
> Gary

Dear Gary,

Those tools are not supported by M$ externaly, and that is why I ask here. If you can't help, don't bother me showing your bright ideas...

Ranko

Tuomas Kiviaho

Dec 27, 2000, 7:19:44 AM12/27/00
Ranko Tomic <ra...@comtrade.co.yu> wrote in message

Dear Ranko

To my knowledge these tools are ment to be used with TTF Opentype tables and
I didn't notice, when reading the manual, that they would support the
original (=required) TTF tables. I could be wrong.
If you only want to disassemble a TTF for viewing, then use a utility
called TTFDUMP from Microsoft Typorgaphy.
Check out a tool called TTF_EDIT. The beta version is still free for
testing purposes and can be obtained from TrueTex home page at
www.truetex.com
It can view/edit quite a lot of TTF tables.

-- Tuomas Kiviaho (tuomas_...@hotmail.com)

Gary Nunn

Dec 27, 2000, 8:19:34 PM12/27/00
Ranko,

All I am saying is that the
software you are asking
about is the property of
another company
NOT
Macromedia.

You would be better suited
to ask Microsoft NOT
Macromedia about
Microsoft Software.

I was not trying to be rude,
just trying to point you in
the right direction.

If you don't want advice
DON'T ASK YOUR
QUESTIONS HERE.

Gary

Ranko Tomic

Dec 29, 2000, 8:15:17 AM12/29/00

Dear Tuomas, thank you very much for answering!