How does Color Picker UI Component work?

Bryan Dresselhaus

Sep 18, 2008, 3:22:30 PM9/18/08
Does anyone know how to mimic the color picker UI Component's functionality so
when you click on a UI Component a visual object slides into view?

I am trying to create a custom UI Component that is based off a button. When
you click on the button I want to open a grid of special ascii characters that
slides into view in close proximity to the component. Anyone who has used the
color picker component will know how it looks. The color picker works by
clicking on it and then the color palette slides into view.

I'm just not sure how to slide into view the UI Component that would contain
my grid.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Greg Lafrance

Sep 18, 2008, 3:27:14 PM9/18/08
Use states, and effects, either a wipe effect, or else a custom effect.

Amy Blankenship

Sep 18, 2008, 3:28:38 PM9/18/08
"Bryan Dresselhaus" <webfor...@macromedia.com> wrote in message

You could probably use States.

HTH;

Amy

Ansury

Sep 18, 2008, 6:22:45 PM9/18/08
I never use states, they seem to turn into a maintenance nightmare. Also, the
syntax is likely going to change in Flex 4 with the old syntax deprecated.
(But that's just how I feel about them.)

This could be a nightmare as well, but you do have the SDK source. Find
ColorPicker.as and see how Adobe does it. Maybe you could pull the guts out of
how that works and provide a re-usable component that works similarly. No sense
re-inventing the wheel unless the previous design is a "complicated functional
disaster". (Which it may be.)

Or perhaps a transparent popup window, with a transition of a visible
component into view?

xiaoy...@gmail.com

May 21, 2014, 2:52:08 AM5/21/14
There are so many kinds of UI components:

http://www.kettic.com/

However, this is my first time to hear about the color picker control.

I did some studies on a set of UI components I've found, do you mean a color dialog box control?

http://www.kettic.com/winforms_ui/csharp_guide/forms_dialogs_colordialog.shtml