Video Import in Flash CS3 gives Error

yspider

Jun 14, 2008, 9:16:50 PM6/14/08
I have Flash CS3 on a Windows Vista Ultimate computer. I have tried to
import an AVI video into a new file, but I get the following message:
"A requried system library did not initialize properly. Please ensure
you have DirectShow 9 or QuickTime 7 or higher installed on your
system. I confirmed that I have DirectX 10, which I understand
includes the DirectShow component. I get this same error when I try to
use the Adobe Flash CS3 Video Encoder.

Has anyone else encountered this error? I found one other post, but no
solution seemed to be found.

You would get this error if you simply do as I did: open a new,
default file; click File | Import | Import Video; select an AVI, which
I obtained from my digital camera. When clicking 'Next' after
selecting the file, this message will appear.

Cor

Jun 15, 2008, 10:28:22 AM6/15/08
It works fine here.
Flash transforms my AVI to a FLV during the import process.
Maybe your AVI is corrupted?
If your put it available, offlist if you like, I will test it for
you.

yspider

Jun 16, 2008, 10:57:24 AM6/16/08

Thanks for the offer. The video contains people from whom I do not
have permission to pass on to someone else, so I should decline,
although I don't see a problem. But you did give me an idea to try on
another machine. Then I could be there in person. The AVI does play in
its entirety in WMP.

It sounds more like a problem with the installation when it says,
"...system library did not initialize properlly." If the AVI were
corrupted, I would have expected an error like, "Unable to Open," or
"Could not read the file." I have the whole master collection, too, so
I was hoping I had all the tools.

Cor

Jun 17, 2008, 3:03:09 AM6/17/08
Try to play the film in other tools,
I like Sorensen Squeeze and it is a good tool to convert films into
other formats.

Good luck

yspider

Jun 17, 2008, 9:00:06 AM6/17/08

Thanks, Cor.

I just tried it in Flash 2004 MX, and it worked like a charm. No
problem with the AVI, and I noticed the Sorensen Spark encoder logo.
Perhaps that is where the problem lies...either a different (new)
encoder or Vista interface issue.

If anyone else can think of an idea, I'm all ears. I can't continue
working on the Flash 2004.

cristine...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 5:05:40 PM3/6/18
I also had this error message when importing videos to Flash CS3. The only way I can import videos is if the video is an .flv file, so I converted all my videos to .flv .