How do I convert my .fla file to a .flv file?

motleyscrewed

Sep 27, 2008, 8:26:29 PM9/27/08
I guess the subject says it all. What I am trying to do is "insert>media>flash video" and it appears the only extension it will accept is .flv.

Thanks!

urami_

Sep 27, 2008, 11:39:11 PM9/27/08
motleyscrewed wrote:
> I guess the subject says it all. What I am trying to do is "insert>media>flash video" and it appears the only extension it will accept is .flv.
>
> Thanks!

export Fla to MOV then import that movie to Flash and flash will do the conversion for you.
You can also use to standalone Flash Video Encoder which comes with Flash.

--
Best Regards

Urami

--
"Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
</urami>

motleyscrewed

Sep 28, 2008, 12:30:10 AM9/28/08
Ya know.. this makes no sense to me?? Isn't .flv an Adobe file format. Why the
need to jump through hoops... creating a .mov file from the original .fla file,
then creating a .flv file from the .mov file?

Not only does it seem to make no sense that Flash CS3 can't just make a .flv
file from the original, you also lose some video integrity & the file size
ended up larger then what I started out with. (or at least that's what happened
to me with my first shot)

I understand you are correct with your info... it just doesn't make sense at
all that Flash can't output a .flv file.

[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Newsgroup User[/b][/b][/i]

export Fla to MOV then import that movie to Flash and flash will do the
conversion for you.
You can also use to standalone Flash Video Encoder which comes with Flash.

--
Best Regards

Urami

--
"Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
</urami>

[/q]

:mad;

urami_

Sep 28, 2008, 5:36:40 AM9/28/08
motleyscrewed wrote:
> Ya know.. this makes no sense to me?? Isn't .flv an Adobe file format. Why the
> need to jump through hoops... creating a .mov file from the original .fla file,
> then creating a .flv file from the .mov file?
>
> Not only does it seem to make no sense that Flash CS3 can't just make a .flv
> file from the original, you also lose some video integrity & the file size
> ended up larger then what I started out with. (or at least that's what happened
> to me with my first shot)

> I understand you are correct with your info... it just doesn't make sense at
> all that Flash can't output a .flv file.

Well, Flash originally did not produce video. It's a vector based application which
creates small size internet content. What it does tho, due to popular user demand, is
allowing us to create Flash based video compatible file format, out of some other video
source, which we can then be run within SWF file w/o the need of implementing other browser
based players.

Imagine if Flash was actually capable of producing video, all the tools it would require,
editing abilities etc... and all possible export settings etc... every one would have different
idea of what kind of video you could output. This would defeat the purpose of buying After Effects
or Adobe Premiere. And yet it wouldn't be fully video dedicated tool so all of use would complain
about the lack of some kind of features here or there. Best if the video is done else where and
Flash only converts it to FLV. Adobe just want to protect other applications and not to worry about
pleasing everyone.

They have enough of trouble trying to move Flash back into Animators market because the last two
versions are very programmers oriented, with very minor, if any, improvement on the timeline
animation. CS4 is the first in long time that has some new stuff like Bones (kinetics) , 3d transforms
etc...

ilovemys...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2014, 3:22:54 AM1/13/14
I know a wonderful FLA Converter which enables to convert FLA files to all kinds of video and audio formats with HD quality and superb speed. The good FLA Converter is a helpful FLA Player. Besides, this FLA Video Converter is a Video Joiner/Merger and video editor that can help merge or join FLA files together, trim FLA videos, remove off ads, crop FLA files, adjust FLA video size, rotate FLA video, add/remove FLA subtitle, adjust audio channel, increase FLA audio volume and more.

Find it by google search "How to Convert FLA to SWF, FLV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3 with FLA Converter?"

keiths...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2015, 10:39:46 PM10/18/15
On Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 8:26:29 AM UTC+8, motleyscrewed wrote:
> I guess the subject says it all. What I am trying to do is "insert>media>flash video" and it appears the only extension it will accept is .flv.
>
> Thanks!

Have you tried iDealshare VideoGo? It can easily convert FLA to FLV or convert FLA to SWF, FLA to MP4 etc.

Step by step guide at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/convert-fla-to-swf-mp4-mp3-flv-avi.html