How to hide the right click popdown menu

sunilkumar

Nov 25, 2003, 12:18:48 PM11/25/03
Is it possible to hide the right click popdown menu ? Is there any way to
hide the menu in proper way ? Also is there any method to sense the right
click event from a flash movie. Its better suggest a better method other
than Asnative ?
Sunil

urami_

Nov 25, 2003, 12:33:05 AM11/25/03

Of course there is .
I made sample while ago but prior to typing please clarify whether is it
a projector or web based flash movie .

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

</lsym>

sunilkumar

Nov 25, 2003, 1:33:53 PM11/25/03

"urami_" <noS...@FlashFugitive.com> wrote in message

It is an exported flashmovie in the swf format. In browser also i want to
hide the right click menu ? Is there any way to sense the right click in a
flash movie

Regards

urami_

Nov 25, 2003, 2:10:39 AM11/25/03

> It is an exported flashmovie in the swf format. In browser also i want to
> hide the right click menu ? Is there any way to sense the right click in a
> flash movie

Sure there is , catch right click and entirely hide the macromedia menu.
It was annoying me for years so I eventually found way to work around.
Especially that I do lots of flash work that require both flash buttons .

http://www.flashfugitive.com/ang-zhang/rightC/rightclick.html

NOTE !
Only IE on windows support that .

First we need to make few crucial setting in flash .
Add listener and set up appropriate Window Mode for that flash movie.
So , after you load your content, in case if you use preloader, on frame where your
movie start , please movie clip with instance name MENU , it will act on mouse right click,
and the following action to same frame where the MENU is :

this.mouseListener = new Object (this);
this.mouseListener.onMouseDown = function () {
if (this.menu.hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse, true) != true) {
this.menu.gotoAndStop(1);
}
};
Mouse.addListener(this.mouseListener);

NOTE ! make the MENU with two frames , first frame stop action second frame your right click content.

Now go to File - Publish Setting - HTML ,
look for Window Mode and pick the Opaque Windowless

after you hit the PUBLISH it will add parameter in your html body
<PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=opaque>
and
<EMBED quality=high wmode=opaque

We need it to work on the right click .

Now after you generated the HTML with all necessary tags , modify it by adding :
in the <head>

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function removeMenu(){
if (event.button == 2){
myMovie.TGotoFrame("/menu", 2);
parent.frames.location.replace('javascript: parent.dummy1');
}
}
//-->
</script>

Than add before flash movie tags which start with <OBJECT classid="
and after the </object> where is end of the flash tags </div>

all :

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>rightclick</TITLE>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function removeMenu(){
if (event.button == 2){
myMovie.TGotoFrame("/menu", 2);
parent.frames.location.replace('javascript: parent.dummy1');
}
}
//-->
</script>
</head>

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" name="myMovie"
WIDTH="900" HEIGHT="600" ALIGN="" id="rightclick">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="rightclick.swf">
<PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
<PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=opaque>
<PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false>
<PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#99CC00>
<EMBED src="rightclick.swf" quality=high wmode=opaque menu=false bgcolor=#99CC00 WIDTH=900" HEIGHT="600" NAME="myMovie"
ALIGN=""
TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
swliveconnect="true"></EMBED>
</OBJECT></div>
</BODY>
</HTML>

That's pretty much it ....

da...@the-austins.com

Aug 12, 2016, 6:40:40 PM8/12/16
wow, blast from the past.... tried this and it still works in the latest IE. but alas nobody uses IE and doesn't work in anything else.