Importing Video with Flash MX 2004

carecadaserra

May 12, 2004, 10:03:53 PM5/12/04

My friend made me a mp4 video file which I am trying to import into Flash MX
2004.

First it takes me through the import video dialogs twice. The first time it
says "Quicktime Editing" in the left hand corner of the video import dialog,
and the second "Editing".

Then it tells me "Flash does not recognize the file format of 'yoga.mp4.'
Would you like to try and import via Quicktime?" This doesn't work. "One or
more files were not imported because there was problems reading them".

So do I have to go back and have my friend save the mp4 as another format?
Which format should he save it as?

Or is there a way to import mp4 videos?

Shawn Hughes

May 13, 2004, 11:36:27 PM5/13/04
As I understand it, Flash does not currently support MP4. You can import
.avi, mpeg and .mov files with no problem. I use Sorenson Squeeze to
convert all my video for Flash into the .flv format. On larger clips you
will find that imported video will not synchronize the sound correctly - to
solve this you must use the .flv format.

Shawn Hughes

"carecadaserra" <webfor...@macromedia.com> wrote in message

Lemonizer 5000

Jun 25, 2004, 8:07:03 PM6/25/04
I'm having the same problem as well with mpeg1 and mppeg and avi files.

I can import into Flash MX but not 2004.

I might have installed Sorensen Squeeze to try it out on this machine - wonder
if it messes up the Soreson Spark plugin?

siva...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2014, 7:28:09 AM6/15/14
HIII,,
I making a video for a minute
importing video of mpg and an image in BG in FLASH 2004
finally exporting it it giving wrong coloring allover the movie in VLCC and other players
except the Total movie player can you give details how to make a
colour noise less video, Thank You

Regards
Shivkumar K V