Please reinstall your software

maitreg

Feb 6, 2007, 3:21:37 PM2/6/07
I'd been using Fireworks 8 on WinXP Pro regularly for over a year, but a couple
of weeks ago, while working with a large image file, Fireworks crashed. I
rebooted Windows and Fireworks has not worked since. I get the following
message box when I try to start it

Macromedia Product Activation

Please Reinstall your software

A problem was detected with your application. Please reinstall this software
to correct the problem.

I have tried EVERYTHING to get Fireworks working again to no avail, including
Fireworks installation repair, Fireworks reinstall, full re-install of Studio
8, MM Extension Manager 1.5/1.6/1.7 uninstall/re-install, uninstall of every
update and app that was installed for the past month, Windows setup repair,
Norton One-click fix, Norton WinDoctor, Norton Registrry Repair, IE7 uninstall,
VS2007 SP1 uninstall, SQL Server uninstall, Flash player uninstall, Shockwave
uninstall, Netscape uninstall, Office updates uninstall, etc. Absolutely
NOTHING has worked.

This was part of a Studio 8 upgrade from Studio MX. I went back and
reinstalled Fireworks 6 (from Studio MX) and it works fine, but Fireworks 8
will not work no matter what I do. I only found one mention of a solution in a
Google search to this problem but it talked about re-installing Fireworks in
Safe Mode, which is impossible because the Windows installer won't even run in
Safe Mode.

The only thing left to do at this point is a complete WinXP re-installation,
unless someone has a better idea?

Alex Mariño

Feb 6, 2007, 10:34:08 PM2/6/07
I would definitively contact Adobe tech support on this one

alex

qwerty236

Mar 7, 2007, 5:18:46 PM3/7/07
The same thing just happened to me. Everything was fine with Fireworks 8
yesterday, today I get the message:

Macromedia Product Activation
Please Reinstall your software
A problem was detected with your application. Please reinstall this software
to correct the problem.

I have a G4 iBook Mac O10.4. I have tried deleting & reinstalling everything.
I have had to reinstall Fireworks MX2004 which seems to work fine.

Have you made any progress?

jbaker9000

Mar 11, 2007, 6:33:53 PM3/11/07
The same exact thing has happened to me. Just yesterday, the 10th, I tried
opening up a fireworks 8 document and got the message described below.
Uninstalling won't fix it. I've opened up a case with technical support and
will see what happens.

btw, I'm running on a mac, 10.4.8, and this is part of a studio 8 install
which has worked fine for about 5 months. The other programs seem to be fine,
but my guess is that it could happen to any of them. It seems to be some kind
of activation problem which could be related to the macromedia to adobe switch.
When I access my account online I get messages regarding the switch over
relating to my account info.

qwerty236

Mar 12, 2007, 6:17:43 AM3/12/07
I also opened a case although it had to be a customer service case because I'm
not able to register my copy of fireworks because it is an educational volume
licence therefore I am unable to access the technical support case service. I
haven't heard anything yet.

zero...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2007, 7:10:42 PM4/5/07
I had the exact same problem that all of you are having and a friend
of mine was able to help me figure out how to fix it. What you're
going to want to do is first go to this page and follow these removal/
uninstall instructions, (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/
index.cfm?id=tn_18556) Although this link refers to Fireworks MX, go
through the steps as if it is for Fireworks 8. I did however skip
step 6 on this page.

After your done with that, go to this page (http://www.adobe.com/
cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=4e7826b7). Make sure that all of
the files listed under Fireworks have been deleted from your
computer. I've also listed these files here:

Fireworks-specific files:
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Fireworks 8
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Macromedia\Fireworks
8
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macromedia
\Licensing\Licenses\Fireworks 8.0
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macromedia
\Licensing\Products\Fireworks 8.0
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\Macromedia Fireworks 8
C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\FIREWORKS.EXE-18A69398.pf

After following these steps i found that my Fireworks 8 folder in the
Licensing\Products\Fireworks 8.0 folder was still there when it should
have been deleted. Also, i had fireworks files in the \Prefetch
folder. I deleted those files and then reinstalled my fireworks 8.
It now works great. Hopefully this will help all of you out.

Anne Curtis

May 12, 2007, 10:45:59 PM5/12/07
Hi, I am having the exact same problem on my mac. The machine crashed last
week and i re-installed everything. Everything works except fireworks, it
keeps telling me to re-install it. Any more suggestions?

orange235

Jan 13, 2008, 11:50:53 AM1/13/08
unfortunately I'm experiencing the same problem - has anybody got any solution
to this. I'm using Macromedia Studio 8 which isn't supported any longer by the
adobe guys...

system: MacBook Intel Core-Duo, os x 10.4.11, Macromedia Studio 8

carolelucido

Jan 29, 2008, 3:00:15 PM1/29/08
The same thing happened to me on my Mac yesterday. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and deleted the preferences file three times now. I am using Fireworks CS2 on OSX Version 10.3.9

carolelucido

Feb 4, 2008, 8:40:11 PM2/4/08
I contacted Adobe support and here is the solution for Fireworks 8 on Mac OS
10.3.9 1. Try to repair the permissions go to 1. Applications 2. Utilities 3.
Disk Utilities 4. Repair permissions If that does not fix it, uninstall
Fireworks following this Technote: http://www.adobe.com/go/8f101099 2. Make a
new user account for your mac Logon to the machine using that user account and
then launch Fireworks. The error may be specific to the user profile. 3.
Delete some MLF files (this one worked for me) go to these two paths and delete
the .MLF files a) Harddrive:Library:Appliction
Support:Macromedia:Licensing:Licenses:Fireworks 8.0 b)
Harddrive:Library:Application Support:Macromedia:Licensing Products: Fireworks
8.0 After deleting all .MLF files from both folders, reinstall Fireworks.
Good Luck. I hope it works for you.

idsara...@gmail.com

May 10, 2014, 6:12:20 PM5/10/14

mukund...@gmail.com