Windows 10 Connectivity Issues With Hotspots And Wi-Fi Adapters

Leslee Galyan

Dec 7, 2023, 11:45:19 AM12/7/23
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for setting up VPN-protected wi-fi hotspots without any restrictions for a month. This is perfect if you want to connect devices that don't normally support VPNs apps.

Windows 10 Connectivity issues with Hotspots and Wi-Fi adapters
DOWNLOAD https://shurll.com/2wIWLA

A mobile hotspot is crucial these days, particularly for someone who makes a living on the Internet. A hotspot allows you to connect to the Internet using a device (such as a phone) when there is no WiFi present. A mobile hotspot is a technology that allows you to share your Internet connection with other devices using the WiFi feature. This is very cool but as convenient as hotspots are, configuration errors can cause you to have issues connecting to the Internet.

Miniport WiFi Adapters are known to interfere with WiFi connectivity for Windows users. If you can no longer connect to the network or your connection is intermittent, check for these adapters and disable them. University employees on managed devices will need administrative privileges to make these changes.

NOTE: Microsoft provides a virtual miniport adapter for using your device as a wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspots should not be used on campus, as they interfere with general WiFi connectivity on campus.

Several Wi-Fi adapters from Intel have known issues with Wi-Fi 6 networks. These problems are mostly resolved with a driver update, but it's important to know that those updates are not part of any Windows updates, so they will need to be updated manually.

You may experience wireless network connectivity issues specifically when trying to connect to the Hotspot wirelessly, if a previous connection profile already exists in Windows. You will need to delete the previous wireless profile within Windows. You should also check that you have the latest software for your wireless adapter installed.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand is better to use network cables than Moca but my home only came pre-wired with two network ports that I am using for the aimesh nodes. I have a third aimesh node at my garage connected to a powerline adapter since it was the only way to get a wired connection inside my garage that was not getting wi-fi signal due to the concrete wall construction. The powerline adapter gives me over 400 Mb/s out of my Gb internet but I only need the aimesh to wirelessly connect my smart garage door opener and my smart sprinkler system. I only use MoCA adapters because my home came pre-wired with coax cable at all rooms. I am currently using two MoCa satélites connected to a MoCa adapter on my router. Both of them are getting over 900 Mb/s internet connection. (I get a max of 800 Mb/s on Wi-Fi and 980 Mb/s when my computer is wired through a switch on my Gigabit fiber connection so I believe I am getting good speed through the MoCAs). I went through the MoCA manual and they recommend reserving the IP address of the device so I am going to do that. I may as well reserve the assigned IP address of my powerline adapter (TP-Link AV2000) though so far I have not experience any drops on the aimesh node signal.

All the conditions are default. Like no specific correlation related to the WiFi adapter, windows or working environment. It's just my laptop is connected with ethernet and the disconnectivity starts on mobile phone starts once mobile hotspot is turned on. The issue is the same as described earlier. All values are default. Just Band preference selected to "6 Ghz". Even with this value set default makes no difference.

Internet connectivity issues can be caused by corrupted Windows operating system files. Try running the system file checker first to see if anything comes up. You can also perform a system restore to replace the corrupt files with clean ones and then check your internet connection again.
eebf2c3492