Changing the ruler measurements

Shannon

Feb 7, 2001, 2:45:30 PM2/7/01
How do I change the ruler's measurements from pixels to inches or cms? I
tried creating a new doc using inches as its measurement, but the ruler
still displays pixels. Any ideas?

Lanny Chambers

Feb 7, 2001, 3:06:17 PM2/7/01
In article <95s8j2$9qr$1...@misc.macromedia.com>, "Shannon"
<codi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You don't want to design a web page using inches or centimeters. Pixels
are the only useful units of measurement, since you have no way of
knowing the resolution (pixels per inch) of your visitors' screens. The
pixel is the only constant.

[pun alert!] Once you get used to using only pixels, life becomes
immeasurably simpler. :-)

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
http://homepage.mac.com/lanny/

Shannon

Feb 7, 2001, 3:14:44 PM2/7/01
I'm not using it to design a web page this time, thats why I need inches or
cm.

"Lanny Chambers" <la...@mac.com> wrote in message

Linda Rathgeber

Feb 7, 2001, 3:32:51 PM2/7/01

Shannon wrote:

> I'm not using it to design a web page this time, thats why I need inches or
> cm.

Hmm. Fireworks isn't really designed for other uses but there is a
really nice, freeware screen ruler you can download from...

http://www.fabsoft.com/pages/Downloads/Downloads.htm

It's called Cool Ruler and you can set it up to display inches,
centimeters, pixels. You can click on it to mark off sizes, change its
color, change the font it uses, change its orientation from horizontal
to vertical, and it even comes with a built in calculator. It always
stays on top of any open window and you can open as many instances of it
as you wish. File Size: 0.8 Megs :-)

Best regards,
Linda R.
Macromedia Evangelist
www.playingwithfire.com

ldou...@lifeworkz.ca

Sep 8, 2016, 9:53:34 PM9/8/16
Your opinion is just that, your opinion. If you are unable to answer the question, don't post anything.