Saving grid settings

Linda Rathgeber

Aug 15, 2002, 9:42:59 AM8/15/02

"\"quaestor\" webforumsuser"@macromedia.com wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Is there any way to save the current grid setting for use in a new file?
> Because if I create a new file, the grid is always set to the default of 36x36 pixels...

Sure! Save it as a command. Open a new canvas. Set up the grid the way
you want it. In the History panel you'll see a line labeled 'Edit Grid.'
Click on it to select it, then click on the menu expander icon at the
top right of the History panel. Choose Save as Command. Give the command
a name you can recognize it by, like 20x20-pixel grid. Click on OK.

Best regards,
Linda Rathgeber
___________________________________
Contributing author, Dreamweaver MX Magic

coauthor, Playing with Fire
http://www.playingwithfire.com
___________________________________
Team Macromedia Fireworks Volunteer
http://www.macromedia.com/go/team
___________________________________
Learn about Fireworks MX' new photo retouching tools:
http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/mx/studio/articles/creative_effects.html
___________________________________
Learn more about the Macromedia MX Studio here:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/trial

Jeffrey Bardzell

Aug 15, 2002, 10:00:37 AM8/15/02

For a fun variation, you should also check out Phireworx's "Dynamic Guides"
extension for Fireworks MX. It is part of the Iata extension set, which is a
free download from http://www.phireworx.com.

HTH

Jeffrey Bardzell

Author or co-author:
Special Edition Using Fireworks MX (Que)
Macromedia MX eLearning: Advanced Training From the Source (Macromedia
Press)
Fireworks 4 Expert Edge (Osborne/McGraw-Hill)

www.phireworx.com

"Linda Rathgeber" <lig...@sc.rr.com> wrote in message

Jens Schaller

Aug 21, 2002, 4:21:55 AM8/21/02
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:42:59 -0400, Linda Rathgeber
<lig...@sc.rr.com> wrote:

>Sure! Save it as a command. Open a new canvas. Set up the grid the way
>you want it. In the History panel you'll see a line labeled 'Edit Grid.'
>Click on it to select it, then click on the menu expander icon at the
>top right of the History panel. Choose Save as Command. Give the command
>a name you can recognize it by, like 20x20-pixel grid. Click on OK.

This sucks! Can't I just modify some Default-Settings, so that
erverytime I create a new file, I have the grid right away?

Greetings
Jens