Convert MS Access database to MySQL

AdonaiEchad

Oct 15, 2006, 8:37:26 PM10/15/06
Is there any free software that will convert MS Access database to a MySQL database? Is this possible?

Thank you,
AdonaiEchad

MarkG75

Oct 15, 2006, 9:33:24 PM10/15/06
I use a piece of software called MyAccess

http://www.hiden.org/myaccess/

David Powers

Oct 16, 2006, 5:52:38 AM10/16/06
AdonaiEchad wrote:
> Is there any free software that will convert MS Access database to a MySQL database? Is this possible?

If you do a Google search for "convert access to mysql", you'll come up
with a lot of options. The method that I use requires no software other
than Access and MySQL. Export the Access database as a CSV file. Then
use LOAD DATA INFILE to import it to MySQL:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html

If you use phpMyAdmin, it automates the whole process. Just select the
Import tab and select the appropriate options for importing a CSV file.

--
David Powers
Adobe Community Expert

AdonaiEchad

Oct 16, 2006, 9:42:27 AM10/16/06
What are the steps to convert access database as a CSV file. I have access 2003.

AdonaiEchad

Murray *ACE*

Oct 16, 2006, 9:55:25 AM10/16/06
Look under Access' FILE | Save As options?

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

"AdonaiEchad" <webfor...@macromedia.com> wrote in message

David Powers

Oct 16, 2006, 10:21:13 AM10/16/06
AdonaiEchad wrote:
> What are the steps to convert access database as a CSV file. I have access 2003.

I don't have Access installed on this machine, so I can't check, but
it's either what Murray suggests or File > Export.

Why not try the Access Help menu?

Murray *ACE*

Oct 16, 2006, 10:42:23 AM10/16/06
It's FILE | Export > CSV....

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

"David Powers" <da...@example.com> wrote in message

zerof

Oct 16, 2006, 4:31:51 PM10/16/06
AdonaiEchad escreveu:

> Is there any free software that will convert MS Access database to a MySQL database? Is this possible?
>
> Thank you,
> AdonaiEchad
------
DBManager