apache user group config for svn and dreamweaver/contribute.

jch...@gmail.com

May 15, 2013, 9:26:45 AM5/15/13
Hello I have a multiple users accessing the same folder for web edits. I am testing out subversion and file permission with Dreamweaver and contribute.

I was able to get subversion to work using proftpd with a single user/group accessing a single ftp account. We also use workflow(authoring) which seems to work only with subversion in contribute. We need to have editor, publishers and administrator.

Can anyone give me any suggestion on how to set this up? should we use multiple unix users with the same primary group? Can I change the permission that Dreamweaver/contribute sets when editing pages? Are there any other programs that support workflow(authoring)?

jch...@gmail.com

May 15, 2013, 11:08:02 AM5/15/13
Never mind guys looks like. Each user has its own ftp account. work flow is now working without subversion. ftp permissions have to be 664 and I had to hide folders beginning with underscore.